Rendezvous 2011 - June 17-19, Port Townsend, WA

Poulsbo or Pt Townsend?

• Total voters

hodo

Member III
heading out

We are heading north on thurs about noon. We will tie up in Kingston, and head out Fri. morn to PT. Nice Flood tide to fight, but that makes it normal. We may have some Gate crasher friends show up on their boat.
See you all there.
Harold, S/v Mischief Maker.

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Rendezvous

Well, Boston is up 2 nothing, Tim, you could at least let one in...
I'm not much of a cook but will come up with something for the pot luck. I did manage to get a couple of gift certificates to Maple Bay Marina for prizes so hope that helps with things. I'll be connecting with TS Farley Thursday and a couple of other boats so we should be there Friday afternoon all going well.
See you all there.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
NWER-2011: Thanks - Everyone!

Well, another Ericson Rendezvous has come and gone! Meeta and I enjoyed ourselves a great deal, and enjoyed speaking with everyone one last night. Thanks also to all the new folks who came down/up for the first time - it was great to see all the new faces and the great turnout of Ericson Yachts at the dock!

We look forward to the next one - and in the meantime - have a safe journey home - and enjoy your time on the water! :egrin:

//sse

hodo

Member III
Rendezvous

We had a great time in PT. Good meeting the new folks, and renewing with the rest. I counted 17 boats, including the 2 on the other float. Great turnout! We even got to do a rescue for a sailboat with bad fuel. Not an Ericson. We towed the young family into Kingston for repairs. Have a great summer!

Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief Maker

wurzner

Member III
What a Blast

At this point I would suspect most folks have made it safely home or at least heading in that direction! I know "Dawn Treader" were heading out to La Connor and Anacortes to meet with friends and "Nimue" had a pretty long haul north so hopefully everyone is having fun. Speaking of fun, I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting with old friends and meeting new ones.

Jessie and Harold, thanks for hosting the late night festivities and then next round of "apple sauce" is on my...I've had a bottle on board for a few years.

Thanks once again and a safe cruising season to all!

Shaun
S/V Sorcerer

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It was Wonderful!

Thanks again to those brave souls that put up with our boat visits and repititive questions! We really like seeing how other owners have solved problems and done upgrades.
Special Thanks to all those that brought door prizes to the pot luck.
What with several delivered pizza's, we were almost wallowing in good food!:)

While most of you headed back out for some cruising... we "land cruisers" spent a day in the Pt Ludlow area visiting with other sailing friends. Then we made an executive decision (after some discussion) to pass on the High Season crowds in Victoria via the ferry, and instead booked a couple nights at the Resort at the Quileute Reservation at LaPush. I knew that it was an oft-overlooked destination after I had a stop off during a delivery down the coast several years ago. I recalled the people as friendly and helpful, in a small village. As they say, "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there!"

Upshot was that after two nights with an ocean view about a thousand feet from our balcony deck, we stayed a third night! :D

A view that close to the Pacific would cost at least 3X as much anywhere else. Period.
We could watch the USCG 47 footer make their regular patrols and fishing boats coming in. Listen to the Sound of surf through an open window all the time.
Excellent highway access, via 101, with a 14 mile state hiway going west from the junction by Forks.

They have a large new RV park, too, with full hookups.

Anyhow, Port Townsend was a great destination for the Rendezvous, again. We look forward to more visits, by land or sea.
:egrin:

Loren

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Rendezvous

Hi All.
Nimue is all tucked in at Maple Bay after a great trip up from Port Townsend by way of Spencer Spit, Reid Harbour and Bedwell Harbour with T.S. Farley and InSync. She'll be there for the next week and then we'll be in and around Sidney for a while until the arrival of our Grand child then off to Desolation.
It was wonderful meeting all the new Vikings and reconnecting with everyone from the last rendezvous at Poet's Cove.
Thank you to Chas and Judy for getting the dining hall organized and to Sean for being the unofficial organizer and MC. Also to all the people that donated prizes for the raffle. The potluck was great.
I was pleased to receive all the compliments on Nimue and picked up a lot of great ideas for further improvments. (Walt, I have to find a place for that spigot!!)
Hopefully we will meet up with some of you at various anchorages this summer. Smooth sailing! :egrin:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Rendezvous Thank You

Hi All. (Sorry for not getting this out earlier but we had another 5 day cruise the weekend after the Rendezvous and just got back.) We just want to give a big Thank You to Chas and Judy and Shaun for pulling together a great 2011 Rendezvous. Donna-Marie and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and especially enjoyed the great potluck. (There are some great cooks that are Ericson owners!) I appreciated being able to listen and talk to other owners about Ericson Yachts and seeing their great boats. In our opinion, Port Townsend is a good choice since the town was in easy walking distance and had a number of different things to see and do. I have sent Sean Engles some pictures to post to the website. I hope he can make them work. I also hope you can find your boat. I tried to get a picture of all the boats and to make a list of those attending the Rendezvous. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet every one and I am sure I missed a number of boats and probably screwed up a bunch of the information about boats, boat names and owner names. In some cases, I was able to identify a boat from the pictures but had no information about it or the owner. Below is the list since others asked for it. I apologize for any mistakes. I would appreciate any corrections of errors that people find. Thanks. Dave
<o:p> </o>

Boat Size Owner Home Port
Alive!!!
Amazing Grace E38 Dave & Donna Marie Cahill Bellingham, Wa
Boadicea E35 Simon Ffitch Bainbridge Island
Briggadoon E35II Walt & Marty Critchlow Scappoose, Or
Curlew E29 John N.W. Webb Porpoise Bay, BC
Dawn Treader E35III Rudy & Patricia Bromer
EDEN E30 Chas & Judy Vancouver, BC
InSync E32 Joe Maluska & Helga Sheppard Coquitlan, BC
Mischief Maker E38 Harold Baldwin & Jessie Lundin Seattle, Wa
Nimue E38 C. A. Fields Courtenay, BC
Seferon Pat O'Brien
Serene E35 Dave & Sally Demarest Everett, Wa
Shamwari E39 John & Jennifer Gleadle Surrey, BC
Slapshot E38-200 Todd Smith Everett, Wa
Sorcerer E38-200 Shaun Wurzner Seattle, Wa
Special K
TS Farley
E35 Vivian Morrow Canoe Cove, BC
Windt Jaegerin Herb & Carrie Weisse Wa

By Car: Sean & Meeta Engle, Loren & Kathy Beach, Glenn & Myrene Springer

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
More Images?

Yeah, and if anyone has more images of the NWER-2011, please let me know, or upload them to the site (you can find general instructions on how to do this by Clicking Here).

The images will be in the regional section of the gallery - follow the gallery links (or, be lazy and Click Here) - they are there now...

Also - I uploaded the NWER-2005 images - that for some reason never showed.... And - I will look for the other images for last years (which I know you sent, Chas...) and some others.....stay tuned...

Let me know if anyone needs assistance.

Thanks all - :egrin:

//sse

Last edited:

rudy

Member II
Great Rendezvous !!

We had a great time at our first rendezvous and enjoyed meeting you all.
Many thanks to the "Horned Angel" for supplying us with a belt for the auto-pilot. Made the rest of our trip much more enjoyable.(As did the wine! hic..)
The food was great and thanks to Brigadoon, I will now be making the Taco Soup a staple on the boat. Would love to have the recipe for the Broccoli Salad as well. Please share.
Fair winds to all !!!!!

Rudy & Patricia "Dawn Treader"

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Donna-Marie's Broccoli Salad Recipe

Hi Rudy and Patricia,

I'm thrilled to hear you like my salad. 'Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I had to measure out the portions to get it on paper. So without further ado.......
icon10.gif

Donna-Marie's Broccoli Salad (serves 4 to 6)

4 cups of bite size or smaller broccoli florettes (1 cup cauliflower florettes may be subsituted for a cup of the broccoli)
2 cups of fresh, sliced, 'small,' white mushrooms
3/4 cup celery, diced to approximately the size of the raisins
1/2 cup (fresh) Sun Maid Golden Raisins (Do not soak)
1/8 cup green salad-onion-TOPS, snipped to about 1/4 inch or smaller
Dressing (also used for her Cole Slaw)

2/3 cup Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise
1/2 cup granulates sugar

Stir dressing well, it will be thick. Pour it on the salad ingredients and with a spatula, gently press it into the florettes, in a mixing motion that causes the mushrooms to become well covered with the dressing too. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

Donna-Marie Cahill:egrin:
Amazing Grace

rudy

Member II
*****recipe *****

Thank you Donna- Marie for sharing your recipe. It definitely is a winner!!!
Regards,
Patricia (Dawn Treader)

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
Broccoli Salad Recipie is appreciated!

Thanks, also from Walt and Marty Crichlow. Your salad was great!:egrin: Ericson 35-II "Brigadoon"