Rendezvous 2011 - June 17-19, Port Townsend, WA

Poulsbo or Pt Townsend?

• Total voters

chasandjudy

chas and judy
2011 rendezvous

We also have reserved a slip..

Hi.! Rudy! Just wanted to know , if you are going to meet with us on June 15 -16 at The Canadian Forces Sailing Association in Esquimalt Harbour. to leave in our floatila of now numbering 5 boats for the Port Hudson Marina ??? If so I will arrange a spot for you, at Esquimalt Harbour CFSA.

Chas and Judi sv-eden@telus.net

"EDEN" E30+ # 720

Last edited:

rudy

Member II
Hi Chas & Judy

We will be sailing from Comox and although we thought at first to meet up with you and join the flotilla, we decided to make our stop at Ganges and then go to Friday Harbor for another stop and then to Port Hudson.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Rudy

chasandjudy

chas and judy
We will be sailing from Comox and although we thought at first to meet up with you and join the flotilla, we decided to make our stop at Ganges and then go to Friday Harbor for another stop and then to Port Hudson.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Rudy

That's A good way to go . We probably will come back that way but past La Connor.

Chas and Judi E 30+ #720

chasandjudy

chas and judy
rendezvous 2011

I'm thinking of joining you from Oak Bay Marina (BC), but would prefer Port Townsend

Peregrine (1973 E-32)

Hi Peregrine: If you go to Oak Bay Marina Phone me @ 250 888-45003. That way we can arrange to talk on VHF and possible meet near the quarentine bouy
which is 2 miles off Brotche Ledge near Victoria. That way we could get all our ships together.

Chas and Judi EDEN E30+

kitsband

Hello Chas and Judy. Thank you for the invitation to rendezvous with your flotilla. The idea is very appealing. But as Oak Bay (my home port) is roughly some 6-7 miles East of your rendezvous point (Quarentine Buoy) I would probably set out for Port Townsend on a course 128 (T) for Pt Wilson. You, being further west, would probably be heading 115(T). So we'd likely r/v further out. All this depends on wind and tide. Thanks for phone #. I'd guard VHF. I'll confirm my attendance closer to the date. Perhaps C.A. Fields (E38 'Nimue') might, for above reasons, wish to consider 'holing up' in Oak Bay prior to crossing the Strait. Just a thought. Best wishes. Michael.

hodo

Member III

Mischief Maker is booked into #10 Friday and Saturday, Jessie will not be along as she is going to England for a wedding.

S/V Mischief Maker

wurzner

Member III
11 Signed Up

Just checked in and it looks like we have 11 signed up. I'm sure more will sign up as well as a few dropping off. Based on these numbers...hopefully we will have ~15 boats buy the time the event roles around. I'm putting something in 48 north today as well.

cheers!
Shaun

wurzner

Member III
Option for Canadians to Clear in Port Townsend---MAYBE

I spoke with customs and they do clear vessels in Port Townsend Monday thru Friday, 8AM to 4PM. It is highly advisable to call in advance a day or two in advance to give them visibility of your arrival.

I HAVE SUBMITTED A REQUEST FOR CLEARING BOATS SATURDAY. That means who ever is coming over could bypass Port Angeles and come direct. The boats would have to arrive and clear at the same time, but that should be pretty easy to accomplish. Even if the earlier boats hang on the hook for an hour, it is still a lot better option than Detouring to Port Angeles.

Chas, can you please check in with your Canadian friends to see if they would like this as an option. Customs will be contact me next week to confirm if this is a possibility. I'm hoping it makes the trip more attractive to people vacilating on attending the event since it is makes it a much more manageable weekend or long weekend event. Let me know so I can advise respond appropriately to the customs officers when they call me back to confirm.

regards
Shaun

Brass Dragon

Member II
I just reserved a spot on a portion of slip #2. My wife and I are planning to make it up there this year from Seattle.
dave
s/v Brass Dragon E36C

andrewpenn

Andrew and Melanie Penn
Hi ! further to the rendezvous Father's Day week end June 17-19 Port Townsend or Poulsbo. For Canadians leaving Victoria North I would suggest
a gathering of the vikings at CFSA (Canadiaqn Forces Sailing Association) at
Esquimalt harbour sometime before the 15th (free moorage for up to a week)
at least 6 boats, leaving in concert with Second Star, Hilda Harris E-28+'S and Eden 30+, any takers !?:egrin:

chas Eden 30+

We are new to the Ericson clan with a 38-200, Nordic Pearl. We are moored in Brentwood Bay and would like to join the armada in Esquimalt if that transpires and there's room. We would probably bring the boat down the weekend before.
Andrew and Melanie

andrewpenn

Andrew and Melanie Penn
Hi ! further to the rendezvous Father's Day week end June 17-19 Port Townsend or Poulsbo. For Canadians leaving Victoria North I would suggest
a gathering of the vikings at CFSA (Canadiaqn Forces Sailing Association) at
Esquimalt harbour sometime before the 15th (free moorage for up to a week)
at least 6 boats, leaving in concert with Second Star, Hilda Harris E-28+'S and Eden 30+, any takers !?:egrin:

chas Eden 30+

Hello Chas and Judy. Thank you for the invitation to rendezvous with your flotilla. The idea is very appealing. But as Oak Bay (my home port) is roughly some 6-7 miles East of your rendezvous point (Quarentine Buoy) I would probably set out for Port Townsend on a course 128 (T) for Pt Wilson. You, being further west, would probably be heading 115(T). So we'd likely r/v further out. All this depends on wind and tide. Thanks for phone #. I'd guard VHF. I'll confirm my attendance closer to the date. Perhaps C.A. Fields (E38 'Nimue') might, for above reasons, wish to consider 'holing up' in Oak Bay prior to crossing the Strait. Just a thought. Best wishes. Michael.

I responded initially to Chad and Judy's post about leaving from Esquimalt but having seen your note, would prefer to leave from Oak Bay.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
We are new to the Ericson clan with a 38-200, Nordic Pearl. We are moored in Brentwood Bay and would like to join the armada in Esquimalt if that transpires and there's room. We would probably bring the boat down the weekend before.
Andrew and Melanie
Owners Nordic Pearl:
Sounds " good " . It's quite a trip from Brentwood to CFSA @ 6 knots and with tides its probably an all day haul, if you wanted to do it in one "go" .
You probaly could stop at Royal Vic for reciprcol moorage than on to CFSA next day about 2 and 1/2 hrs further. call me cell 250 888-4503 or land line 250 478-3669

Charlie sv-eden # 30 +

Last edited:

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Port Townsend rendezvous

Looks like I may try and hole up in Oak Bay before going to P.T. Lot depends on when I can get started from Maple Bay. Guess I better get the charts out... :)

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Port Townsend Rendezvous

Just made my reservation at Port Hudson and they have me assigned to the forward end of slip 9. Shannon at the marina informed me that slips are going fast and they have room for approximately 5 more boats depending on size of course.
I have been checking the current tables and for those of us coming in from the north on Friday June 17th it looks like we'll be against the currents in the morning but the slack at Point Wilson will be around noon. That being the case and needing to clear customs before 4 PM I would expect to be leaving Oak Bay at around 7 AM. It will probably be a good idea to arange a time with Jeff at customs to clear us when we arrive.
How does that work for meeting with the rest of the Canadian contigent en route?

Special K

Member II
Port Townsend

I just made my reservation at Point Hudson. I believe I will be sharing slip number 6 with Shaun, although making the reservation almost certainly will jinx something on my boat! Hopefully, I have enough time to get everything shipshape. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Peter

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
See you at the rendevous

I just got slip 12b today so we look forward to seeing everyone at the rendevous

John and Jennifer Gleadle
e-39

TS Farley

Member II
TS Farley is booked for slip #1 on Friday and Saturday. I thought I would hook up with the Oak Bay flotilla if that's alright. I'm coming from Canoe Cove, so could either head down Thursday night or reeeally early on Friday to make C.A.'s 7am departure time.

Vivian

Guy Stevens

Man I miss those Rendezveus

I really miss those great Rendezvous that you guys have up there. We participated every year when we were up there, and even spoke at a couple of them.

Have fun!

Guy and Melissa

andrewpenn

Andrew and Melanie Penn
Slip Space

Port Townsend said they aren't taking further reservations but there will be space by rafting or end to end double occupancy on one of these longer berths. Anyone with a spot on a 70' berth have room for part of a 38 footer?

Also we plan to move the boat to Oak Bay marina the weekend before, then sail over Friday early so hope to join the other 3-4 boats who appear to be planning the same crossing.