Thelonious II Completes Second Hawaii Cruise (Tracking Link)

Jbaffoh

Aloha Christian, and E komo mai !

Congratulations on your fantastic voyage!

If you are up for visitors this Saturday or Sunday, the mai tai's are on me! Would love to meet you and Thelonious II in person, and talk story!

Eric
1988 E 32-III
#747 Liliana

The second best mai tai's on Earth are 1/2 mile from his slip at The Monkey Pod. The best ones are 100 feet off his stern--but it will take me 6 hours to make a batch of macadamia orgeat. The honey lilikoi foam is ready to go.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Eric, why not come to Ko Olina friday 5pm?

In fact why doesn't the whole forum show up? Sorry abut the localization, but this is paradise, whaddaya expect?

Jbaffoh

Christian, there is a facebook group called Ko Olina Marina Social Group, or something. That's where we get the weekly party info.

Also, did you notice Phaedo3 at the opposite end of your dock? Fastest boat to do this crossing, and second in this year's Transpac.

Their non-race record a couple months ago was 3 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 3 seconds. Their official race time this week was 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 36 seconds. They were about 3 hours behind the leader.

Also, Runaway, an Anderson 70, which finished just behind Bill Lee in Merlin, is at the fuel dock.

I don't know about you, but I had no days in the crossing with a VMG of 22 kts.

Maybe you should pm me your email address so I don't clog the Ericson site with non-Ericson stuff.

Last edited:

Eric B

Learning

In fact why doesn't the whole forum show up? Sorry abut the localization, but this is paradise, whaddaya expect?

Christian, thanks for that invitation, sounds good, and highly possible. Will have to check with my admiral, she is looking forward to attending the Transpac awards ceremony, also this Friday evening. We participated this year by keeping lookout at the Diamondhead Lighthouse, and hosting one of the boats, in addition to some accessory partying... like tonight at the Hawaii Yacht Club...

Jbaffoh

Christian, thanks for that invitation, sounds good, and highly possible. Will have to check with my admiral, she is looking forward to attending the Transpac awards ceremony, also this Friday evening. We participated this year by keeping lookout at the Diamondhead Lighthouse, and hosting one of the boats, in addition to some accessory partying... like tonight at the Hawaii Yacht Club...

I'm just curious, which boat are you hosting? Some friends are hosting a boat, too. At tomorrow's race in Kaneohe we'll probably be pressured into attending the Transpac party.

Eric B

Learning
I'm just curious, which boat are you hosting? Some friends are hosting a boat, too. At tomorrow's race in Kaneohe we'll probably be pressured into attending the Transpac party.

This year a little less stress, just one boat, Shockwave. They were curteous enough to finish around noon..

Eric B

Learning

Hi Christian..

Looks like Friday at 5 is the deal. So is that timing for the block party?

Eric
1988 E 32-III
#747 Liliana

Jbaffoh

Hi Christian..

Looks like Friday at 5 is the deal. So is that timing for the block party?

Eric
1988 E 32-III
#747 Liliana

Yeah, there is a group of liveaboards who drink and shoot the shit near Christian's boat beginning around 5:00 on Fridays. It's byob, byoc (chair) and bring some pupus. Nothing fancy--usually cheese and cold cuts or chips & salsa, etc. There is some free parking, but it's usually full. If you pull a ticket for paid parking, someone will likely fob you out to avoid the fee. The dock is also gated, but you could message me or Christian if you can't sneak through behind someone else.

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Ko Olina would not let this year's Three Day Around Oahu race boats overnight in their marina. One of the reasons the third day was cancelled.

Eric B

Learning
Yeah, there is a group of liveaboards who drink and shoot the shit near Christian's boat beginning around 5:00 on Fridays. It's byob, byoc (chair) and bring some pupus. Nothing fancy--usually cheese and cold cuts or chips & salsa, etc. There is some free parking, but it's usually full. If you pull a ticket for paid parking, someone will likely fob you out to avoid the fee. The dock is also gated, but you could message me or Christian if you can't sneak through behind someone else.

Ok that sounds good.. yeah, I'm sure that the code has changed since the last time I was there from outside the gate.
At this point I don't have anyone's phone # to message. Do we post phone #s here or send email?

Jbaffoh

Ko Olina would not let this year's Three Day Around Oahu race boats overnight in their marina. One of the reasons the third day was cancelled.

From the disgusting stories I heard about the last one, this was for very good reason. Shockingly nauseating stuff. And from what I heard is was NOT the Kaneohe Yacht Club people. The first-hand stories I got from people I trust makes me very happy those animals were not welcome this year.

Jbaffoh

Ok that sounds good.. yeah, I'm sure that the code has changed since the last time I was there from outside the gate.
At this point I don't have anyone's phone # to message. Do we post phone #s here or send email?
I'm more comfortable with private messages or email.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hey Christian,

If you haven't left yet.... what direction are you heading? Will the tracking page work on this leg? Have a safe trip!