Thelonious II Completes Second Hawaii Cruise (Tracking Link)

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
"Here's to being in a boat with a drink on the rocks rather than being in the drink with a boat on the rocks"
Fair Winds Christian.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
My prayers

Praying for a safe journey. BTW, Never thought to carry dry wall screws on a sailboat!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Bandanna

Just read his day 8 report and had to smile about the bandanna remark. Been using one recently while sailing those haze, lazy (humid) days of summer on the Chesapeake Bay. Also the reference to the movie African Queen since my engine reminds me of the queen sometimes when it's running. Go Christian!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Happy birthday Christian (a day late)! I hope there will be some video of you tip-toeing through the tulips!

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Floating wreck!

Just saw CW position report about passing by a wrecked power boat! YIKES! Good thing it wasn't in the dark, at least I hope it wasn't in the dark. :0

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Sounds as if Christian has probably made it into port by now.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Noon position day 19
[/COLOR]
description
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Ko'Olina Harbor dead ahead 3 nm. Engine on, dousing sails after wild ride at dawn surfing along the north shore of Oahu. Martini soon, and then begin the minor refit. Chafed halyard , reef lines, grease jobs, Forespar to deal with. All in all an excellent crossing. /CW

--
Position: 21 22'36.20 N, 158 11'40.18 W
Course: + 143.76, Speed: + 7
--

[/COLOR]

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Congratulations Christian! Good job to make it in just 19 days!

Based on your birthday post, day 10, I had to lookup Phil Weld. I'm glad I did. He sounds like quite a guy and a superb sailor. And as a publisher, what would he think of that, "sputtering lamp" who belittles free speech? I have no doubt that he would speak with conviction and purpose.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Martini time!

Congratulations Christian! Looks like (maybe) you set a sailing record for an E38 to Hawaii?! Either way, hope that martini tasted wonderful. You deserved it. :egrin:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Here we are at Ko Olina as I catch up on some sleep.

Thelonious II Ko Olina.jpg

Thanks Keith. Kinda unintended that my remarks elsewhere turned up here, where boats are the topic. It's funny, my berth mate, Mark, on his Nordic 40, said he was kicked off the forum years ago after apparently an ongoing political war with Sven. Imagine the mayhem if we let down our guard these days.

Now back to sleep dreaming of reversing reef lines and doing some laundry.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Nice going Christian!! Sleep well. Thelonious II looks right at home in her slip.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Add my congratulations to the growing list!
(I would also like to make a similar trip, but for now, vicarious living is better than not living at all...)
:rolleyes:

Interesting reference to "Sven". That site member, if that's the person, took off to go cruising in his E-39B, and last logged in here in July of 2016. Very knowledgeable sailor, and he did (and reported on) considerable work on his boat before he and his wife left.

Regards,
Loren

Eric B

Learning
Aloha

View attachment 22423

Thanks Keith. Kinda unintended that my remarks elsewhere turned up here, where boats are the topic. It's funny, my berth mate, Mark, on his Nordic 40, said he was kicked off the forum years ago after apparently an ongoing political war with Sven. Imagine the mayhem if we let down our guard these days.

Aloha Christian, and E komo mai !

Congratulations on your fantastic voyage!

If you are up for visitors this Saturday or Sunday, the mai tai's are on me! Would love to meet you and Thelonious II in person, and talk story!

Eric
1988 E 32-III
#747 Liliana

Jbaffoh

Add my congratulations to the growing list!
(I would also like to make a similar trip, but for now, vicarious living is better than not living at all...)
:rolleyes:

Interesting reference to "Sven". That site member, if that's the person, took off to go cruising in his E-39B, and last logged in here in July of 2016. Very knowledgeable sailor, and he did (and reported on) considerable work on his boat before he and his wife left.

Regards,
Loren

Sven is on facebook cruisers/liveaboard forums, inexplicably posting under a different last name with a profile that says he's female. Same Sven, same Senta II, same Nancy. They shipped their boat through the canal to Florida. I know this because we were in a watermaker discussion on fb. I've met Sven and Nancy and been on Senta II.

Jbaffoh

View attachment 22423

Aloha, Christian! Don't forget the dock party on Friday, 5ish, on D dock in front of the green Hunter salon deck.

Signed, Anonymous, lol

By the way--we love your umbrella. We had the same one on our Ericson, but brought it to Hawaii and fly it from our dock box to keep our dock recliners shaded.

Last edited: