2010 rendezvous ?

Sven

Seglare
Leaving on Friday

On Friday the forecast is for 10-20 until it picks up in the afternoon. The direction is NW to W. That's occasional whitecaps and one less than close-hauled tack.

For us that should mean a good sail with maybe one reef. If the wave period is long enough we might not even take any spray over the bow but it sounds as if the combined swells will be 6-8 feet.

We'll definitely head out but if it turns out to become worse than forecast we'll turn around.

Hope to see a bunch of you out there. If you PM me I'll give you Nancy's cell phone number ... or just use VHF 9 to hail us in the Isthmus since we usually leave that on most of the time.

Can't wait !!

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
On Friday the forecast is for 10-20 until it picks up in the afternoon. The direction is NW to W. That's occasional whitecaps and one less than close-hauled tack.

It is looking a tiny bit better (he said with hope in his voice):

Fri
NW winds 10 to 15 kt in the morning...becoming W and increasing to 15 to 25 kt with occasional gusts to 35 kt in the afternoon. Combined seas 6 to 8 ft dominant period 10 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.

Fri Night
W winds 15 to 25 kt with occasional gusts to 35 kt...diminishing to W to NW 10 to 20 kt after midnight. Combined seas 6 to 8 ft.

Sat
NW winds 15 to 25 kt with occasional gusts to 35 kt. Combined seas 6 to 8 ft.

Sat Night
W winds 20 to 30 kt with occasional gusts to 35 kt...becoming NW 15 to 25 kt after midnight. Combined seas 6 to 8 ft. Patchy fog after midnight.

Definitely reefing time but not Santa Anas !

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
At this point I am still playing it by ear.

I will not decide until Saturday Morning. Right now, crossing on Saturday is looking better than Friday. With me it's not just the possibility of big seas and 35 knot gusts but the gloomy weather. My Brother is also prone to sea sickness. He's on Vacation and I would hate to go over there and just hang out under the rain fly in the drizzle. Also possibility of heavy fog crossing early.

I have had issues with my radar lately. The tech has been down to service it twice now and it's working for the moment but I still don't trust it.

The Pride Of Cucamonga is a big Maybe at this point.

Maybe we should consider a Cat Harbor Rendezvous later in the Summer when it's warm and the moorings are plentiful.

Don't get me wrong Sven, I will really try to get over there this weekend. If I don't, have fun Storming the castle without me.

Jeff
:esad:

Sven

Seglare
We have decided to stay in port. Bummer.

Martin

That's what happens when your boat is too well kept ! :egrin:
Kidding aside, I agree with "bummer" but we'll meet up some day in the future.

At this point I am still playing it by ear.

I will not decide until Saturday Morning.
Also possibility of heavy fog crossing early.
The Pride Of Cucamonga is a big Maybe at this point.
Don't get me wrong Sven, I will really try to get over there this weekend.

We're all in the same boat, in a manner of speaking. We'll play it by ear too and see what happens. I think you get more actual sailing time than we do so for us this might be a good practice run in non-gorgeous weather, within limits.

Here's to good, but not too good wind and sparkling sunshine.

-Sven

Meanolddad

Member III
Hello all, looking at the forecast we are going to have to sit this one out. We are all disappointed and hope to see you all soon.
Enjoy your weekend all.
Greg

Sven

Seglare
Maybe you should play it by ear rather than canceling ?

It looks to me like the weather forecast is getting better. I still reserve the right to turn around too but I'd hate to miss the weekend if it should turn out to be really nice despite the earlier forecasts.

Fair winds to you all,

-Sven

Meanolddad

Member III
We will keep an eye on the weather, I just do not want to scare my wife or younger daughter and keep them off the boat forever. They are a bit nervous. I call Jennifer my dadometer, the more the boat heals the louder and faster she says Dad. dad, Dad, DAd, DAD, etc. May go sailing next Wed. if the weather is nice. A pilot friend wants to try sailing.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend wherever they end up.
Greg

Mikebat

Member III
Today's forecast is looking a bit more brisk than yesterday's, not to mention addition of possible T-storms on the way back Sunday. And a SCA is in effect today and tonight.

PZZ655-220430-
INNER WATERS FROM POINT MUGU TO SAN MATEO PT. CA INCLUDING SANTA
CATALINA AND SANTA BARBARA ISLANDS-
210 PM PDT FRI MAY 21 2010

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT

TONIGHT
W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. GUSTS TO 30 KT. COMBINED SEAS 7
TO 9 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.

SAT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 35 KT. COMBINED SEAS
6 TO 8 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS.

SAT NIGHT
W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. GUSTS TO 30 KT. COMBINED SEAS 7
TO 9 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 9 SECONDS.

SUN
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 35 KT. COMBINED SEAS
6 TO 8 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.