2010 rendezvous ?

Mikebat

Member III
I'll be there and another Ericson 32-200 skipper I know at Cabrillo Marina (not a member of this site yet) says he is very interested in sailing over to meet everyone that weekend.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Cool Mike! Look forward to seeing you again and seeing you there!

BTW I was out for a day sail on Saturday and I sailed by a beautiful little E-23. We sailed side by side for a while and I told him about our Gathering and he said he was very interested in going as well. I did not catch his name and no name on the transom. He's moored back in Wilmington some where's.

I also invited another E-27 from my dock as well as a E-32 from the dock across the way. Not sure if they will make it though. It's amazing how many Ericson owner's I have met that are not aware of this site.

Sven

Seglare
I updated the first post

Sounds like we might get some more Ericsons out there ?

This weekend was beautiful ! We had small craft warnings and gale warnings but were comfy on Bravo 7. When we left this AM there were only two other boats there !!

Just found out that Harbor Doug is retiring :(

His farewell party is the Friday before Memorial day ? We're not sure about the day but it is really sad since I think he is the one who has kept the Harbor Patrol boats as professional and helpful as they are.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yeah, the weather sure rolled in on Sunday. I talked to a dock neighbor of mine who was on the back side with his 26' sport fisher and he said he had 7 to 8 footers at about 4 seconds.

Yeah I heard about Doug Oudin retiring. He will be hard to replace. Such a nice Guy.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Frazetta Vikings

Frazetta Vikings I came across this when I read about Frank Frazetta passing away. Made me think about the up coming Rendezvous at the Island.
:egrin::cheers:

Attachments

• FrazettaVikings.jpg
    FrazettaVikings.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 18

Glyn Judson

Viking dogs.

Jeff and all, Hey, that's my current guide dog Ned on the bow! That's me standing right above him with untypically for me, my shirt off. Glyn

Sven

Seglare
Promising weather forecast

So far it sounds like there is a nice high pressure rolling in for The Gathering.

Can' wait :egrin:

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Sven, They call this the Gray of May, just before the Gloom of June. I as well am hoping for something a little warmer, but look at it this way. There may not be as many tourists. I think the weathers going to turn around later in the week.

Speaking of adding any names to the list. I did talk to one of last years participants over the weekend. He's having a little mechanical problem but hopefully he will have it resolved and surprise us with his presences.

If he makes it, it will be a nice surprise.:cheers:

Sven

Seglare
Jeff, hope our new varnish yesterday didn't get drizzled on :confused:

No matter what, it will be fun.

Any idea if Brisdon is still around ?

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I have not heard from Brisdon since the last gathering.

I am sorry to say that I had a bit of drizzle this am. Left Pedro around 7am and drizzle just started. Drizzled all the way on my commute to South Gate. Hopefully your varnish was pretty well set up before it started.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Could be a bit bumpy going over next weekend.

THU NIGHT
W WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING NW 10 TO 20 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. GUSTS TO 35 KT. COMBINED SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. PATCHY FOG AFTER
MIDNIGHT.

FRI
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FT.

SAT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

:scared:

Sven

Seglare
Martin,

Just took a gander at the latest forecast. I'm not liking it.

It does seem as if it will be a brisk sail over there, but we'll see how it develops. It has a couple of days to change.

If it was Santa Anas it would be less appealing but NW and W is less worrisome. Probably not a good crossing if any crew is prone to mal de mer.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yeah, I have been keeping a close eye on it as well. My Brother who is making a special trip down from Olympia is prone to Sea Sickness, but not as bad as the fellows who were with me last year. I am all ready to go but if it is down right nasty during the crossing I will not feel bad about backing out. I will be content with hanging out closer to home with my Bro.

As of now we are still planing on attempting it. It was dead calm in Hurricane Gulch yesterday afternoon. Hopeing the forcast will change.

FRI
W TO NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN
THE AFTERNOON. COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.

FRI NIGHT
W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 30 KT.
COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

SAT
W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

SUN
W TO NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FT.

Friday: Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday Night: Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 51.

Saturday: Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 66.