Purchased 39 Ericson...Looking blueprint or layout of the interior.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Aye, thats the one please dont tell me it's your boat !!! I was'nt very kind in descibing her... :esad: In saying that I would like to know more about the shape she's in.

Nope not mine. I was just making my weekly pilgrimage thru the local broker ads and noticed it.

BTW, if this sale does not work out, there is a flush deck E-39 in our little YC that may go on the market if the owner succeeds in buying a larger cruising boat this summer. Since he logs in here from time to time, it will probably show up in the For Sale forum if this happens...

LB

wingonwing

Re Ericson

I'll be in the area, so if it comes up we'll be sure to check it out.. Really looking forward to returning to Oregon have'nt been there in years... Off the top of your head you wouldn't know any decent yards I can access off the river that would allow me to do some work on the hard. I found one or two but there nearly as dear as the Slip rental.. Cheers. We'll be moving the boat from Hayden Island if bought.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'll be in the area, so if it comes up we'll be sure to check it out.. Really looking forward to returning to Oregon have'nt been there in years... Off the top of your head you wouldn't know any decent yards I can access off the river that would allow me to do some work on the hard. I found one or two but there nearly as dear as the Slip rental.. Cheers. We'll be moving the boat from Hayden Island if bought.

In general, DIY yards are not common around here.
http://www.rpmarina.com/boatyard.asp
This one is a few miles down Multnomah Channel.
http://www.schoonercreek.com/
This one is closest to your moorage, if you are at Hayden Island.

There are other very good yards, but they do not allow DIY.
One other option would be to move it to to a yard without direct water access and work on it. Except for the local trucking, this is a lot cheaper for big projects requiring months of work. There is one of these on Hayden Island and another (Cascade Yachts) over off NE Columbia drive.

One of the better-reputed yards for professional work only is Danish Marine on Hayden Island, but alas, no DIY.

Best,
Loren

Cory B

Sustaining Member
We know that boat...

Hey! We're moored right next to that E39!

It could REALLY use a good scrubbing... being next to it is the only thing that makes our currently neglected boat look decent.

A friend looked at it, but decided it wasn't the right boat for him at the price they wanted for it at that time. Its been on the market for a while.

I don't recall ever seeing it move, and it was seldom visited.

If you want details, please PM me via this website.

Last edited:

HughHarv

Hugh
The bulkhead between the salon and nav station on my 39 is also rotten and I was thinking about just splicing in a new section to replace the old. I also thought it would be nice to have shortened bulkheads there in order to open up the living area (like modern boats). It would be easy to remove the top half of the bulkheads on either side to within several inches of the topsides and then put in a vertical stainless steel tie rod between the deck and the remaining bulkhead.

On another note, for someone in a hurry, if the starborad hanging locker bulkhead is rotted at the chainplate, it could be hacked down to good wood and reused as a temporary (maybe permanent) fix. Carefully cut off the starboard hanging locker bulkhead at the forward end of the salon and move the good part slightly up and outboard, retab it to the hull, reinstall the chainplate and then add some light framing to tie it to the the hanging locker's other bulkhead for fore and aft support. Good time to have Guy and others chime in here, wouldn't want to lead anyone astray.

Last edited: