Parting out a 35ll

SJ Sirota

That would be perfect. I need about 8 feet. I live in palatine and will be glad to pick it up.
Thanks
Sj Cygnus 35II 1981

Lucky Dog

Member III
What position would you like?
That way you won’t have fight memory of the plastic.
port, starboard, starting how many feet from the bow?
Assuming I can get the rub rail out in this cold.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Is that spinnaker a symmetrical or asymm? What kind of condition is it in? If asymm, do you have a dousing sock?
Thanks,
Jeff

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
The tiller and hardware, jib track, and hatch runners look good. I am also interested in the spinnaker and stay sail if you have one.

These are the remaining items on my list:

Teak cockpit sides (there are nine screws on the back, if they do not come off in good condition I'll still take the wood)
Cockpit hatch
Stanchions and gates
Jib tack attachment point
Mast step (the raised piece of metal screwed to the boat that the mast sits around)

I might also be interested in the access hatch at the back of the quarter berth and the cabinet doors in the head.

You boat was clearly quite something judging by the photograph.

Gareth
FreyjaE35 #241 1972

Lucky Dog

Member III
More parts…to go.

Attachments

• IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2812.jpeg
    IMG_2812.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 8

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I sent you an offer for some of the parts in a private message. If I travel there in March to pick them up then I will look at whatever else you still have by then.

Gareth
Freyja E35 241 1972

fixntheboat

Member II
I would be interested in the horn cleats as I had to cut mine off of the deck. I removed mine not thinking and destroyed them. looking for 4 that are 7 inches long and another 2 slightly smaller, both with open base. I'd also be interested in larger if they are. also any dock line chocks.
I'm refitting a 1974 E-32. if you have anything else appropriate.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I would be interested in the horn cleats as I had to cut mine off of the deck. I removed mine not thinking and destroyed them. looking for 4 that are 7 inches long and another 2 slightly smaller, both with open base. I'd also be interested in larger if they are. also any dock line chocks.
I'm refitting a 1974 E-32. if you have anything else appropriate.
I only weigh in on this because you seem to be at point in a restoration where a cleat change would not be too daunting.
Before our re-fit, and the removal of ALL deck hardware and the epoxy-fill-and-redrill of all holes.... I had previously upsized all four of our boat's mooring cleats.
Note that unless you are restoring an antique vehicle for a real "concours" this is a place where newer hardware will increase the usefulness and safety of your classic-design Ericson. :)
Strictly IMHO almost every 70's sailboat, except the Swan's and similar, benefits from increased cleat sizing. Our '88 model certainly did. Link here: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/cleat-project-finished.528/
and : https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/ubs/new-deck-mooring-cleats.525/
Just an opinion, tho.

Last edited:

fixntheboat

Member II
Boat currently sits covered in snowy Stmboat Co. . At present not one fitting , hatch or portlight is on. She is completely stripped. So I'm a ways out. I have reglassed several spots and put 1/4 inch G-10 on bow and stanchion bases and will be backing with same. I am trying to figure out new configuration on bow for lewmar v700 winch with possibly one cleat in front and chocks to side. I'll also need a anchor roller with anchor ...all things to figure out, any photos or thought would help..
Fore deck hatch will be rebuilt original. Main hatch Lemar ocean 70 and port lights all new New Found Metals. + new Universal diesel ,and all bulkheads repaired and beafed up. Project in every corner and curve. Ugh! and starved for input in this landlocked state..
And yes ,thanks for your input . I was leaning toward larger cleats as well ,but just throwing it out there.
Also I've purchase new I pad, and with a little practice and instruction, will hopefully be adding some photos and asking more questions soon.
It' all taking longer that I desired, but know she'll be sailing pretty at some point...but real work and cold snowy slow progress down.
Cheers & thanks!