Parting out a 35ll

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Really sorry to hear that. You are losing a great boat.

Where is the boat? There are a number of parts I would be interested in, particularly the mast step (the piece that is screwed to the deck as opposed to glassed within it), jib tracks, cockpit sides, stanchions, and plenty more.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Lucky Dog

Member III

Where is the boat? There are a number of parts I would be interested in, particularly the mast step (the piece that is screwed to the deck as opposed to glassed within it), jib tracks, cockpit sides, stanchions, and plenty more.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972
I’m pretty sure I have that

Lucky Dog

Member III

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972
I pretty sure I have that. I will look this week when I’m at yard.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
This is the list of items that I can immediately think of:

Stern rail
Teak cockpit sides (there are nine screws on the back, if they do not come off in good condition I'll still take the wood)
Cockpit hatch
Hatch runners (stainless steel strips that the hatch runs on)
Stanchions and gates
Chainplates that sit on the deck top i.e. for the aft lower shrouds
Jib tack attachment point
Mast step (the raised piece of metal screwed to the boat that the mast sits around)
Starboard jib track
Nose piece
Dining table mount

If equipped:
Tiller, tiller head, and tiller clamp

Possibly the spinnaker pole if you have one.

Since a lot of this is bulky, where is the boat (Wisconsin)? And how is your storage space if it is a while before I can pick them up?

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Last edited:

Lucky Dog

Member III
This is the list of items that I can immediately think of:

Stern rail
Teak cockpit sides (there are nine screws on the back, if they do not come off in good condition I'll still take the wood)
Cockpit hatch
Hatch runners (stainless steel strips that the hatch runs on)
Stanchions and gates
Chainplates that sit on the deck top i.e. for the aft lower shrouds
Jib tack attachment point
Mast step (the raised piece of metal screwed to the boat that the mast sits around)
Starboard jib track
Nose piece
Dining table mount

If equipped:
Tiller, tiller head, and tiller clamp

Possibly the spinnaker pole if you have one.

Since a lot of this is bulky, where is the boat (Wisconsin)? And how is your storage space if it is a while before I can pick them up?

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972
Actually just 3 miles into Minnesota on 94.
I have all but the hatch is pretty beat up.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Actually just 3 miles into Minnesota on 94.
I have all but the hatch is pretty beat up.
From a map it looks like you are close to Minneapolis.

How is your storage space? It would be well worth my making the trip if I can pick up those items, however I have two problems right now, the first of which is that I recently had a seizure which under federal law means a six month driving ban which a doctor cannot overrule, and the second is that my car needs work (the mechanic who inspected it missed that it had a blown head gasket), so it is going to be a while before I can get there.

If you can store them then I would be willing to give you some money down.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Lucky Dog

Member III
Yes.

I was just there taking parts off. I’m hoping the tiller is already in my storage unit, or somebody helped themselves.
The starboard side cockpit coaming is still on. your right they are hard to remove.
Otherwise I have everything but the companion way sliding hatch. Or do you want the cockpit seat cover? That I have.
Depending where you are, I would consider driving to you?

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Are you able to take pictures of the tiller, tiller hardware, and mast step? If I have some idea of their condition then we can start to talk about money.

I am currently in central NY so more than a thousand miles away. If you can hang on to the items until I can get there I will combine the trip with seeing a friend who lives in Minneapolis. My house is in Pensacola but I cannot go back there until I am cleared to drive again. If either central NY or Pensacola are places that you have occasion to travel to then we can arrange things that way, otherwise I will plan on making a trip to pick them up when circumstances allow, but I need to be up front about it not happening until well into next year. I do not think that shipping the items is likely to be viable since the jib track is 15 ft. long.

The stern rail is certainly bulky enough that I will understand if you cannot store it, it would be great though if you can find a place for the rest.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Lucky Dog

Member III
I’m planning on going to my storage unit after Thanksgiving. I’ll take photos. I’m hoping to move out my storage unit this next spring.

SJ Sirota

I'm interested in your rubrail. I need a section of about 6 feet due to storm damage, specifically the hard plastic "C" channel. I might be able make a trip out there in january.

Steve
Cignus 35II 1981