Mystery Switch

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Reostate

Glyn had a very sophisticated competitor.......we used to slowly put pieces of electrical tape over the light.......

Not nice....but a lot of fun......

Alan:

This switch is for the blower. I found mine almost disintegrated......only one wire hanging down connected to nothing.....

I saw the blower inline with the vent hoses leading to the clamshells on the stern.....

I put in a new switch....traced the wires and connected them....and VIOLA....a blower!!!!!!!

Not really needed for the diesel, but I find that motoring for an hour with the engine thermostate calling for 160 degrees, that running the blower keeps the cabin much cooler so that when I go to put all the junk away I do not suffer from the added engine heat......the longer you are in Florida the more this will appeal to you...

Mort,

Okay, I think you and some other members have solved the identity of the toggle switch as being a switch for a blower, and the oil label is for the low oil pressure light.

I never thought about the blower being a help in keeping things cooler in the cabin; now I'll have to put this on my growing list of things to add to the boat.

As for that remaining mystery switch, I guess I'll have to track sdown the earlier PO, and see if he knows what that switch is for. It would be pretty neat if it was for a rocket launcher, but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Alan (E-35-3 #261)

Let us know how you make out on this one....