Rendezvous 2011 - June 17-19, Port Townsend, WA

Poulsbo or Pt Townsend?

• Total voters

chasandjudy

chas and judy
We should start to campagne now for the Pacific North West Ericson rendezvous
for 2011. As it goes from Canada to USA year by year and this is the year for USA the possibilities are Port Townsend, Edmonds, Pulsbo, Lund to name just a few all within a two or three days sail of Vancouver, Victoria. any more suggestions . Let's get our ships together'. Fathers day weekend June 19/2011
this has proven over the last decade to be the besttime for our rendezvous !

CHas and Judi Sv- Eden E 30+ Esquimalt Harbour:egrin::egrin:

Last edited:

e38sailorman

Member II
Edmonds is not a great spot not much guest dock space...I think. Port Townsend is of course a good spot, the Ericson group has been there several times. Poulsbo is a nice spot, lots of guest moorage, restaurants and things to do. Another good place is Port Ludlow, lots of guest moorage there. As far as I know, Lund is in BC just south of Desolation Sound....so not a good spot for this years get together!

I agree with chasandjudy, let's decide on a spot and get the reservations in so we can have a prime spot. My vote would be Poulsbo of Port Ludlow.

Marc
E38 WaveWalker

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another US port option

Add a day or two to your "delivery" cruise....
:cool:
We have over 500' of guest dock available at RCYC, Portland, OR.
Floating patio, clubhouse, several bbq's, etc etc.........

Loren

InSync

Member II
2011 Rendevous

As new owners of a 1974 Ericson 32 (purchased summer 2010) we would love the opportunity to participate in an Ericson rendevous. We are based in Port Moody, BC (just outside Vancouver) so a location in Washington State would be preferable. We will keep checking back to see what the consensus is.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Add a day or two to your "delivery" cruise....
:cool:
We have over 500' of guest dock available at RCYC, Portland, OR.
Floating patio, clubhouse, several bbq's, etc etc.........

Loren

How do we get there?! I have only been as far south as Olympia in my E 30+
would love a longer trip like this!!

Chas and Judi Eden # 720

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Couple more days, couple hundred miles...

How do we get there?! I have only been as far south as Olympia in my E 30+
would love a longer trip like this!!
Chas and Judi Eden # 720

Unfortunately the proposed canal from the south end of Hood Canal to the Columbia River.... proposed in the 1800's... never was built. Railroads killed the barge business for freight hauling. Darned shame for us modern recreational boaters!
:rolleyes:
So we figure on a long day from Port Angeles out to Neah Bay, and then another 28 hours, give or take... quite a lot... and you are in Astoria. From there it's about two days easy cruise up to Portland. I have done it many times on deliveries over the last 30 years, both directions.

On a more practical note for those not yet retired, just drive down to any future EY rendezvous held in our area. :) We have driven up to Ericson bashes in Pt Townsend and at Sidney, and have always enjoyed the trip(s).

Loren

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
2011 Rendezvous

Hi Everyone.
If we are having the rendezvous in the U.S. this year I vote for Port Townsend or Poulsbo. Easy to get to from the BC side and lots of space and things to do at either location. Fathers day June 19 works as well. Let's get this going Vikings!!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Everyone.
If we are having the rendezvous in the U.S. this year I vote for Port Townsend or Poulsbo. Easy to get to from the BC side and lots of space and things to do at either location. Fathers day June 19 works as well. Let's get this going Vikings!!

While PT is a great place... Poulsbo has the Bakery!
:nerd:

Edit 2-3-11 : Added Poll

Last edited:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
2011 Rendezvous

Hi all. Please include us as possible attendees. While we weren't able make it to the last rendezvous, we would like to try for this one. We have not been to either Port Townsend or Poulsbo by boat so either is ok with us. Thanks. Dave & Donna Marie

chasandjudy

chas and judy
2011 Rendezvous

Hi all. Please include us as possible attendees. While we weren't able make it to the last rendezvous, we would like to try for this one. We have not been to either Port Townsend or Poulsbo by boat so either is ok with us. Thanks. Dave & Donna Marie

Hi ! further to the rendezvous Father's Day week end June 17-19 Port Townsend or Poulsbo. For Canadians leaving Victoria North I would suggest
a gathering of the vikings at CFSA (Canadiaqn Forces Sailing Association) at
Esquimalt harbour sometime before the 15th (free moorage for up to a week)
at least 6 boats, leaving in concert with Second Star, Hilda Harris E-28+'S and Eden 30+, any takers !?:egrin:

chas Eden 30+

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous 2011

Hi ! further to the rendezvous Father's Day week end June 17-19 Port Townsend or Poulsbo. For Canadians leaving Victoria North I would suggest
at least 6 boats, leaving in concert with Second Star, Hilda Harris E-28+'S and Eden 30+, any takers !?:egrin:

chas Eden 30+

The June 19 date works for us for the rendezvous and either Poulsbo or Port Townsend are fine.
We MAY be able to join up with the other Canadian boats at CFSA prior to the rendezvous so you can put us on your tentative list. Will confirm as we get closer but let me know if moorage is limited in space and you need to get some concrete numbers. You can email me directly at sailinsync@gmail.com

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Cfsa

Thanks ChasandJudy.
That could work for Wanda and I as we would be coming down from Maple Bay and it would give us a place to hole up for a day. I haven't been in there by water since I used to run my 10 foot mechanics illistrated u-built in there as a young teen. Should be fun. Was there by land on the 19th of December as we used the club house for our daughters wedding reception. Great Clubhouse! Dave and Chris were wonderful.

dfresh808

2011 rendezvous

Me and my wife vote for Poulsbo.. Lots of guest moorage and a good facility. The town is easily accessed, plus there is the legendary bakery!
Doug & Dana
E-29 Smola

rudy

Member II
Rendezvous...

Originally Posted by chasandjudy View Post
at least 6 boats, leaving in concert with Second Star, Hilda Harris E-28+'S and Eden 30+, any takers !?

chas Eden 30+

Hi,
Looking forward to the rendezvous and to meeting you all. The gathering at CFSA sounds like a good idea.
Our preference would be Port Townsend.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
2011 Rendezvous

Mark my vote for Poulsbo Too!

Looks as if we need to have a vote on Poulsbo or Port Townsend , for Rendezvous 2011 Father's Day weekend June 18- 19's destination, Sat and Sunday. Soo I guess we have to get our ship's together . Closer for most Americans probably Poulsbo, But both places are great :egrin::egrin:

Chas and judi sv eden E30+ #720

hodo

Member III
P.T. vs Poulsbo

Hi, After speaking with the Pilot Project folks at the boat show, they indicated Port Townsend was using Point Hudson for Temp. moorage for boats from the Boat Haven moorage while they are re-doing the docks there. Could restrict our numbers. I will be there on the 21st of Feb, and will check it out. I think I'll be there with a buddy or two, as Jessie is going to England for a wedding.
Harold & Jessie, SV Mischief :devil: Maker