Info needed on 1967 Ericson E26

Scandsailor

Hello,
I am 22 years old and I just bought my first boat, a 1967 26ft Ericson sloop. E26 model. I am very enthusiastic about restoring this boat for myself. The inside of the boat needs much work... Things have been changed around pretty crazy on this boat. It's really goofed up. If anyone has any photos, boat specs, Electrical Diagrams, or any information on my boat (1967 E26) please let me know. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks very much!

Brent

soup1438

Member II
Never be afraid to start over...

If the interior is so messed up then you should consider ripping as much out as you can and starting over.

Granted, some things aren't so amenable to change-- berth positions, etc-- but, taking the parts that can't be moved around much into account, you can work out a new interior.

Is there any way to know how many hulls were built? Is there any requirement to try to replicate the "original" interior of the boat?

I suspect that "doing your own thing" (like those before you) may be the best path for you to take.

All engineered things can be studied as a set of trade-offs between ideals and practical application; one designer's choice of where to draw that line will seldom agree with your own. Enjoy...

Scandsailor

RE: Info needed...

Right. However, there are many very salvageable interior peaces. In face, most of it is just fine. It just needs to be re-finished. They have done some really bad modifying to a few things that are really out of place now. I need electrical and plumbing Diagrams, and some interior photos, so I can get an idea of what it’s supposed to look like and what I should change from the it.

Scandsailor

RE: Info needed (The Details)

To go into the details; there is dry rot in the quarter berth, that’s not too difficult. I've fixed the leak there already. The v-berth in the bow has been completely rebuilt by the previous owner. It's been very badly hammered together with tacks and nails, and needs to be reinforced. The last owners weren't craftsmen at all actually. A lot of things are held together by bungee cords and duct tape. :esad: The electrical breaker and box has been moved around. To tell the truth; I don't thing any of the electrical works at all. The fuses are all good, but there is now power working. I have no idea if all the plumbing works. Chances are they don't by the looks of things. The ice chest has been cut out of the counter. In fact, the galley counter is pretty messed up.

neilio

E 26 pictures

Brent,

I have some pictures of my 1967 E26. Mine is in great condition and is all original, except the head, which has been replace with a porta potti. If you are still looking for picture, let me know.

Neil