E27 Gallery

Kevin Johnston

Member III
E27 Galley

We like to entertain on our E27 and have feed six adults below numerous times. I found that the original counter space on the E27 was not adequate for food prep, serving and clean up. (We also said good by to the 70's bright yellow).:)

By sweeping the counters across the companionway, extending a little further out to the right of the stove and making a covering for the sink, we increased our counters by 300% and made the cabin more accessible from the cockpit. We used a Corian type material backed with 3/4" marine plywoood. Some brass supports and teak trim added to it appeal. Our Atomic four is still very accessible. Take a look!

Attachments

• Evolution's Gallery.jpg
    Evolution's Gallery.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Dogs aboard

I should have mentioned that the counter top makes it much easier for our old lab to make it in to the cabin from the cockpit. Dogs don't use vertical ladders very well and the new counters allowed her to use the quarter berth to easily come and go.

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Corian material

The corian material is the top. I backed the corian with 3/4" plywood over the engine and companion way to support my wieght or the wieght of several people standing in the companion way at once. I used the surrounding fiberglass walls and a brass 2" pipe on the left side with a brass ball as a finial on the counters top side. Look to the left of the photo.

Glyn Judson

I need a brass pipe source.

Kevin, You mentioned using 2" brass pipe as a strengthening element in your galley redo so I thought I'd ask you where a good source of 1/2" & 3/4" brass pipe is. I'm talking thick walled plumbing pipe that can be threaded. I'm guessing that I'll need about 30" to 36" of both sizes. Can you help? Sadly, I've gotten nowhere on the net. I alerady have the threaded brass floor flanges so now all I need is the pipe to make a galley stove guard. Thanks from you or anyone else for your help, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Brass source

I scratched my head on trying to find a source for brass for quite some time. Than over a beer in an upscaled new bar there was brass kick rails and other railings/stantions. I asked the owner and that lead me to the Brass Finder(s) out of Spokane, WA. Looking for a local supplier of the brass that is used by the restrant/taverns would be a good place to start

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Brass Source

Another good supplier of brass plumbing supplies is Barclay Products Limited out of Gurnee, IL. Their number is 847-244-1234. I just purchased some freshwater supply lines in brass from them, so it would be worth giving them a try.

Glyn Judson

Brass pipe sources.

Kevin, Thanks for the two leads, I'll contact them tomorrow. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

sleather

Sustaining Member
Kevin, You mentioned using 2" brass pipe as a strengthening element in your galley redo so I thought I'd ask you where a good source of 1/2" & 3/4" brass pipe is. I'm talking thick walled plumbing pipe that can be threaded. I'm guessing that I'll need about 30" to 36" of both sizes. Can you help? Sadly, I've gotten nowhere on the net. I alerady have the threaded brass floor flanges so now all I need is the pipe to make a galley stove guard. Thanks from you or anyone else for your help, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Try this out, McMaster-Carr, www.mcmaster.com -they have just about everything known to man, to "get-r-done". The "brass pipe's" almost 1st on the list. I hav'nt ordered from them yet, a friend told me about them, he says they are GREAT!!! Good Luck! Some "finish" work probably req'd.

Hey Glyn, looks like it's my turn on the info exchange!!!

Last edited:

jkm

Member III
Glyn

Why not call Industrial Metals over in the valley. I'm positive they'll have what you need in pipe.

John

ragamuffin

Member II
Galley Extension

Nice Job Kevin. Could you share the measurements of the companion way shelf and how you attached it securely. This would be a great upgrade for any E-27.

Glyn Judson

Brass pipe sources.

John, thanks for the lead, I'll contact Industrial Metal Supply Company today.
GLyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA