Good Advice from the Coast Guard

Dave G

Member II
My Father in-law was out in the San Juan Islands years ago cruising and monitoring the VHF. He hears a woman frantically calling the Coastguard. The Coastguard answers with the usual all business precision they are known for. The woman explains they are onboard a powerboat somewhere near San Juan Island and are being followed closely by an Orca Whale! What should they Do????

After a long pause with the usual seriousness the Coastguard answers, "Don't piss-off the Whale" :rolleyes:

True story :oops:

Dave G
E-29 Spirit
Bellingham, WA

Emerald

Right, and after I learn how not to piss off the spouse, I'll be sure to use the same tactics for the whales....

Luckily, my spouse is pretty tolerant of my sailing exploits :devil:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

chrism

Inactive Member
The kid who writes the best essay about the history of my town gets to go out on a Coast Guard boat with his parents and the teacher. One year, the CG got a call while giving the winner et al a tour of Boston harbor. The guests were forced into a small room, and the CGuardsmen went to work.

The best part of the story? The guy calling in had no idea where he was, no long/lat, no idea what island he was off of, and the only thing wrong was he was taking on very little water and had the battery to the bilge pump off.