• Untitled Document

Join us on May 31st, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

May Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Garhauer march is discount month

thomthod

Member II
When I took Blooz Traveler on a shake down cruise/race a few weeks ago. Pretty much all of the blocks exploded! Yes they were schaeffer! I ordered new sheet blocks, double block and fiddle block with cleat for an unbelievable price from Garhauer. They now are running a discount of 10% off and its factory direct. I used thier equipment on my Morgan and for the money it is fantastic. BTW for all 4 blocks with shipping was under $240!

T

s/v Blooz traveler

Ericson 29

KanH

Member II
Garhauer rules

I switched over my deck organizer to Garhauer and loved it. I am now in the process of updating and improving all my blocks and hardware with their equipment. My next project if to replace my rope vang with a rigid vang. ffice:oops:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
I think they are great products and well worth the effort. <O:p></O:p>
Saving money never hurts either <O:p></O:p>

thomthod

Member II
Yes There equipment rocks! I bought a boom kicker and love it. That in concert with a boom vang gives nice shape!

T

mmackof

Member II
Rigid vang vs Ericson 39 boom question

I switched over my deck organizer to Garhauer and loved it. I am now in the process of updating and improving all my blocks and hardware with their equipment. My next project if to replace my rope vang with a rigid vang. ffice:oops:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I think they are great products and well worth the effort. <O:p></O:p>
Saving money never hurts either <O:p></O:p>

When I inquired about the rigid vang in the February sale I was told that the boom cannot twist and therefore I'd have to pin the boom.

How are you handling the rigid vang installation?

Thanks,

Mort
E39 Hull#50

Guy Stevens

Do you have the original boom?

There is a simple solution to this if you have the original boom. Is the end of the boom, where the gooseneck is, cast or a flat plate?

Guy
:)

AleksT

Member III
The Luddite solution: With your mainsail off (cause it will be easier) Grab your boom and try to twist it (for a little mechanical advantage grab a bail)

Guy Stevens

The easiest one to fix

They all rotate, there were two different caps on the booms though, the one like this photo, and one that was a cast offset cone.

I will take a photo for you this weekend.. The fix is two pieces welded on the flat plate boom end.

Guy
:)

mmackof

Member II
pinning the boom for vang

> I sent you a photo link to my album on the forum where I posted the
> picture of the boom and gooseneck.
> The end of the boom is a flat plate anodized cap.
>
> Mort