Garhauer march is discount month

thomthod

Member II
When I took Blooz Traveler on a shake down cruise/race a few weeks ago. Pretty much all of the blocks exploded! Yes they were schaeffer! I ordered new sheet blocks, double block and fiddle block with cleat for an unbelievable price from Garhauer. They now are running a discount of 10% off and its factory direct. I used thier equipment on my Morgan and for the money it is fantastic. BTW for all 4 blocks with shipping was under $240!

T

s/v Blooz traveler

Ericson 29

KanH

Member II
Garhauer rules

I switched over my deck organizer to Garhauer and loved it. I am now in the process of updating and improving all my blocks and hardware with their equipment. My next project if to replace my rope vang with a rigid vang. ffice:oops:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
I think they are great products and well worth the effort. <O:p></O:p>
Saving money never hurts either <O:p></O:p>

thomthod

Member II
Yes There equipment rocks! I bought a boom kicker and love it. That in concert with a boom vang gives nice shape!

T

mmackof

Member II
Rigid vang vs Ericson 39 boom question

I switched over my deck organizer to Garhauer and loved it. I am now in the process of updating and improving all my blocks and hardware with their equipment. My next project if to replace my rope vang with a rigid vang. ffice:oops:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I think they are great products and well worth the effort. <O:p></O:p>
Saving money never hurts either <O:p></O:p>

When I inquired about the rigid vang in the February sale I was told that the boom cannot twist and therefore I'd have to pin the boom.

How are you handling the rigid vang installation?

Thanks,

Mort
E39 Hull#50

Guy Stevens

Do you have the original boom?

There is a simple solution to this if you have the original boom. Is the end of the boom, where the gooseneck is, cast or a flat plate?

Guy
:)

AleksT

Member III
The Luddite solution: With your mainsail off (cause it will be easier) Grab your boom and try to twist it (for a little mechanical advantage grab a bail)

Guy Stevens

The easiest one to fix

They all rotate, there were two different caps on the booms though, the one like this photo, and one that was a cast offset cone.

I will take a photo for you this weekend.. The fix is two pieces welded on the flat plate boom end.

Guy
:)

mmackof

Member II
pinning the boom for vang

> I sent you a photo link to my album on the forum where I posted the
> picture of the boom and gooseneck.
> The end of the boom is a flat plate anodized cap.
>
> Mort