E32-3 Polar Diagram, where?

newgringo

Member III
:confused: Just getting the hang of sailing an E32-3 and can't seem to find a Polar Diagram for this boat on this site or anywhere else. Must be one somewhere for free. I see a web site for "Sailfish Yacht Analyzer" for $50 which looks interesting but not into a research project at this time. Just trying to know what the boat can do ie what speeds am I shooting for in various winds and points of sail. Any suggestions?

:0305_alar An idea, maybe some of us could share the Sailfish Yacht Analyzer program??? Just an idea.
Jerry SV Raconteur E32-3 Kingston, WA

windjunkee

Member III
I can't speak for the 32-3, but after extensive research, my partner and I discovered that there are no polars for our 32-2 (I could have added a "performance module" to our new B & G instruments which would have allowed us to input polar data into the instrument computer allowing all sorts of cool information, but since there is no polar info, I didn't go with the module)

I found "techsail.com" has a program you can buy where it appears you can get polars calculated based on parameters that you input.
I haven't bought the program, I just flagged the website if I choose to buy it in the future.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 hull #134

Seth

Sustaining Partner
32 polars

For the older boat, I am pretty sure you could have one put together by US Sailing based on an old IOR or IMS certificate, using the MIT VPP. I don't know if any were ever measured for IMS, but I know some were for IOR-just make sure the rigs are the same size. The IMS ones are closer, but it would be worth the $100-200 just to know the proper angles and target speeds.

For the newer boat, someone will have to drop the $1200-$2,000 for an IMS/Americap measurement, and then Polars can be generated..

I think.....

S