E-30 toe rails

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
The bolts do have machine threads.
Ah, So my guess is the track was bolted to the deck before they(Ericson) attached the deck to the hull. I'll investigate a little when I go down to the boat later but I would guess the nuts are at least partially if not completely buried.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
After a visit to the boat , the only outer jib track nuts I can see is on the port side from the cabin bulkhead aft, about 1/2 the length of the port track. The remainder appear to be behind interior panels or cabinetry. As your boat is also a early 30+ (pre mid 84) too, you probably have the same access or lack there of. Keep us posted on your progress as this is looks to be a tough one to tackle.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We had to pull out, carefully, 100+ staples to drop down sections of the vinyl under-deck part of the headliner. Not a whole lot of fun.
Quite Satisfying to have the project finished, though! :D

Last edited:

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Head liners are out in salon, head, and v-berth. tops of kitchen cabinets are cut out, liner over navigation desk and stern berth removed. Hundreds of staples removed.

Still limited access to outer jib track nuts.

This project is on hold while I replace my bilge pump, VHF connector, and go sailing before Next week's surgery

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Head liners are out in salon, head, and v-berth. tops of kitchen cabinets are cut out, liner over navigation desk and stern berth removed. Hundreds of staples removed.

Still limited access to outer jib track nuts.

This project is on hold while I replace my bilge pump, VHF connector, and go sailing before Next week's surgery
Wow, Mark. That is becoming a major project! At some point some pics and a description of how you cut the kitchen cabinet would be helpful.
Good luck with your surgery!
Frank

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Frank,

I did not remove the kitchen cabinet (yet), only removed the cabinet sliders and used an oscillating multi-tool to cut away tops of cabinets.

Note: while there, I re-bedded hidden stanchion bases.

Mark