Cockpit floor - I'm assuming this ISN'T factory...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Worth a mention perhaps - if you look at picture 2 in my above link for my blog, note that EY assembled their lift pump and the original fuel filter on a piece of teak faced sole that they had in the cut off's bin. They assembled the plumbing and wiring and then screwed that piece of plywood onto the inside of the engine compartment. Saved them some time trying work around the back of the engine........

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Loren, I was just typing up a similar response when I saw yours come through....

With these boats getting a little long in the tooth, they are accumulating a lot of holes for various system installs. I've started placing equipment on removeable backboards so I can replace the backboard when it comes time to replace the piece of equipment. An added bonus of this approach is being able to take the backboard home where you can play with the configuration without worrying about drilling unnecessary holes in the boat's cabinetry. Not all spots on the boat are conducive to this method, but your project may be a good candidate. Here's one for the electrical panel 20210225_163714.jpg
and another for the bilge pumps (before paint)

20230211_104609.jpg