Boat Show rendezvous

CaptnNero

Accelerant
... For those who missed the earlier part of this thread and don't feel like digging, the meeting place is The Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport at 5:30 on Saturday, October 7, 2006

http://www.boatyardbarandgrill.com/

Since the show actually closes at 7pm, maybe it would be better to push the meeting time back. It would be a shame to leave the show early when there is so much to see.

On the other hand, the less time at the show the more money I will have in my pocket later. ;)

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Neal,

I feel confident that many will still be at the Boatyard at 7PM and beyond. Based on past experience, if we don't get there before the show closes we will never get in the door.

See you there...:cheers:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Almost missed this!

Just found this thread about the get together at the Boat Yard! My wife and I go there all the time and we will be down there Friday through Sunday to do some sailing, make other planned meetings and (for me at least) take care of some business. So we're going to try and make it to the yard and meet some of you. How will we know you all? Will someone be wear a hat with horns?! :egrin: We'll be there around 7 PM.

Bob & Bev
Vesper
E32-3
Annapolis

Last edited:

Emerald

How to find a Viking

Hi,

I/we will make it known to the folks at The Boatyard that there will be people looking for a party named "Ericson". I will be wearing a greyish baseball cap with the Ericson logo on it. I am also recognizable for being a tall skinny 6'1" with a fair amount of red hair sticking out from said cap. I may very well be sitting next to a much shorter person with much less hair - sorry Mark, was too hard to resist :devil:

There's been a lot of response for this event on and off list - I expect that the Vikings will make themselves known before the night is over. :cheers:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Last edited:

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Hi,

...I may very well be sitting next to a much shorter person with much less hair - sorry Mark, was too hard to resist :devil:

Yes, but to my advantage my center of gravity is lower, I have less space to fall thru if I fall, and the hair is trimed to further reduce drag while sailing :0305_bigg

Emerald

Yes, but to my advantage my center of gravity is lower, I have less space to fall thru if I fall, and the hair is trimed to further reduce drag while sailing :0305_bigg

Actually, the red straggly stuff sticking out from under my cap are built in telltales :cool:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Last edited:

Annapolis E-27

Member III
1st day of the show

Nice day today. The must sees are the French & Webb boats. WOW!!!! I had the opportunity to speak with Chuck Paine, the Bruce King to the rest of the design world, and he has some great ideas and is a wonderful person. He is speaking Saturday, 1230, with Ferenc Mate at the Marriott about choosing the best sailboat in the world. Should be fun and a few hours out of the rain. If you look close you might run in to Walter Cronkite too.

I will be working the Good Old Boat booth Saturday AM so come by and say hello. Almost all our Ericsons are "Good Old Boats". If I don't see you there I will see you at the Boatyard. :cheers:

Last edited:

jvanyc

Great Meeting Everyone

It was great to meet everyone at the get together. I wish I didn't live so far away, but I hope to get down this way a bit from NYC. IT's certainly sailing Mecca.
I'm sure you'll all be hearing from me on here this winter as I get going to make some upgrades and improvements to my new old Ericson 35 1972.
Thanks again to Mark and David who I think organized our meet up.
Cheers,
Jack

Emerald

Hi Jack,

Happy you were able to make it and had a good time. These Chesapeake Ericson gatherings seem to be gaining some momentum, and I look forward to more of them.

It's good to not only meet new folks like yourself, but we seem to have a core group of locals developing. This is great!

Anyone interested in doing anything, make a posting! At a minumum, I feel a Burning of the Socks is in order, but that's spring. I am sure without too much thought, we can get into some winter trouble. Keep those horned hats on and warm for some winter fun, and no one should be shy about posting an event :egrin:

CaptnNero

Accelerant
It was fun to commandeer the corner tables at the Boatyard with the Ericson group. Towards the end I thought we held our ground pretty well though we did have to give up one of the four tables to the tavern management. When those three glasses got smashed I think they knew that we were serious ;)

marid22

Well it was great to meet those who were there when we did our drive-by (sail-by?) meeting. Sorry we couldn't stay!

David- one of these days I will actually take you up on the sail on Emerald!