2010 Rendezvous:(now)June 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Moon

Member II
I didn't notice any damage to their docks and haven't heard of any. Poets Cove was lucky enough to be located in about the least exposed position it could be. The marinas that did get hit with damage were virtually all exposed to wide open expanses. Some had nothing more than a floating log breakwater. I'm located at North Sanich Marina which is just otrside of Sidney. Nothing more serious than some boat covers blown off. I was very surprised some of the roller furlers that had what I thought would have been too much sail exposed didn't let go. I expected to see some shredded sails the morning after we got blasted by that storm.

Frank

chasandjudy

chas and judy
I didn't notice any damage to their docks and haven't heard of any. Poets Cove was lucky enough to be located in about the least exposed position it could be. The marinas that did get hit with damage were virtually all exposed to wide open expanses. Some had nothing more than a floating log breakwater. I'm located at North Sanich Marina which is just otrside of Sidney. Nothing more serious than some boat covers blown off. I was very surprised some of the roller furlers that had what I thought would have been too much sail exposed didn't let go. I expected to see some shredded sails the morning after we got blasted by that storm.

Frank

" Let's Hurry to Get Our Ships Together"

I received a phone call from Poet's Cove yesterday, We have 12 boats registered for the Rendevous June 19 -20 (Father's Day Weekend) The Jeanneau class of sailboats are also having their rendezvous the same week end that is why I received the phone call . Moorage rate for May 1st to June 30 are $1.40 per ft plus $4.50 for shore power The floating dock moorage is $1.00 per ft - (no power or water available) we Second Star, Hilda Harris and Eden are going to stay there Friday the 19th then move to the proper docks Saturday afternoon Potluck dinner Friday at the floating docks picnic tables
I still need prizes for some of our activities . I thought the winner of our blindfolded dingy race could challange the Jenneau winner? (Just a thought)
So get you reservations in at Poet's Cove 566-888-cove (2683) Charts 3313
34672, 3477 ,3441 Lat 48 44' 66 Long 123 13'33 west

Chas and Judi sv-eden@telus.net

Stuart

Member II
small problem

Hi All

This year would be a great year to have attend the rendezvous, we are finally getting organized with our move to Comox and had planned to head to Victoria sailing this summer. I have attached a photo I discovered when I took my cover off yesterday. I won’t be sailing until July or so at best with this and other stuff to finish. So have fun, Bidwell was the beginning of it all for us, Thanks to Charlie and Judy, SV Eden.:egrin:

Cheers
Stuart
SV Fairhaven

Attachments

• P5180161.jpg
    P5180161.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 139

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Hi All

This year would be a great year to have attend the rendezvous, we are finally getting organized with our move to Comox and had planned to head to Victoria sailing this summer. I have attached a photo I discovered when I took my cover off yesterday. I won’t be sailing until July or so at best with this and other stuff to finish. So have fun, Bidwell was the beginning of it all for us, Thanks to Charlie and Judy, SV Eden.:egrin:

Cheers
Stuart
SV Fairhaven

Hey Stewart: Good to hear from you ! Chas and Judi will be at Cambell River, Painter's Lodge on June 6 th Give us your phone # (again) and well give you a call Glad to hear you have been making headway in all you endevours up there.

Chas sv-eden@telus.net

Spirit Moon

Member II
Change in Plans:
I had registered and was going to be in attendance but will now be out of the country during that weekend. Sorry to miss it. Have a great time. Hopefully next year.
Regards,
Frank & Linda
Spirit Moon

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Change in Plans:
I had registered and was going to be in attendance but will now be out of the country during that weekend. Sorry to miss it. Have a great time. Hopefully next year.
Regards,
Frank & Linda
Spirit Moon

Was looking forward to "getting our ships together" at bedwell Harbour Oh well maybe another time !?
I HAVE TAKEN DELIVERY OF 24 "T" SHIRTS FOR THE RENDEZVOUS 20010,
See you all at Poet's Cove "Father's Day weekend phone 866-88-COVE (2683)
or 1-250 629-2100 for moorage reservations Pot Luck Dinner Friday nght at the floating dock (could use more prizes)

Chas and Judi sv-eden@telus.net

Last edited:

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Poet's Cove Rendezvous

I just made my reservations with the marina for the Rendezvous and had no problem getting a slip. Looking forward to it as it will be our first.
See you all there... :)

TS Farley

Member II
Poet's Cove Rendezvous

I can't make it to the Friday evening pot luck on the float,which is probably a good thing since I'm not a very good cook! My daughter is graduating from UVic that afternoon. Will certainly be there the next morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing so many Ericsons in one place!

chasandjudy

chas and judy
I can't make it to the Friday evening pot luck on the float,which is probably a good thing since I'm not a very good cook! My daughter is graduating from UVic that afternoon. Will certainly be there the next morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing so many Ericsons in one place!

To one and all:
Be happy to see you any time-- Just a further observation for those going and those that cannot quite make it. We (several Ericsons) after the rendezvous are going to The Chemainus Harbour to see Damon Runyon's
Guys and Dolls on the 24 th (Thursday) to attend, call Harmon 1-250-246-4655
for moorage reservations, Best run marina in the Gulf Islands and cleanest. for dinner and theatre reservations call box office @ 1-800-565-7738. in between we plan on stopping at Ganges Harbour (Salt spring Island and Montegue Harbour, (marine park) to get our ships together I will be monitoring VHF ch 16 during the appropriate times and then we can move to another channel

Chas and Judi E-30+ and John and Lynne Hilda Harris E 28+:egrin:

normbennett

Poets Cove, Bedwell Harbour Rendezvous

I'm a new member of the Ericson Yachts.Org. Do I need to register with the organization for the rendezvous? I managed to reserve dock space at Poets Cove marina today for June 19/20. So there appears to be space still available. I (and wife Joan) plan to arrive on Friday, anchor at the park and dock on Saturday.

Norm and Joan Bennett
Ericson 35 Mk. III
Angeyja
North Saanich Marina
Slip T41

chasandjudy

chas and judy
I'm a new member of the Ericson Yachts.Org. Do I need to register with the organization for the rendezvous? I managed to reserve dock space at Poets Cove marina today for June 19/20. So there appears to be space still available. I (and wife Joan) plan to arrive on Friday, anchor at the park and dock on Saturday.

Norm and Joan Bennett
Ericson 35 Mk. III
Angeyja
North Saanich Marina
Slip T41

:GOOD ON YU" that makes 14 boats registered so far' no registration required just "let's get our ships together" !

Chas and Judi sv-EDEN E 30+ # 720 colour dark blue white upper and grey dodger towing a Walker Bay Rid be there Friday with Hilda Harris E28
crewed by John and Lynn colour white towing a white skiff

Last edited:

normbennett

Poets Cove, Bedwell Harbour Rendezvous

We will be at the marina friday and saturday night now. Our Ericson 35 MkIII is white hull, blue sheer and boot stripe with navy blue dodger and bimini.

Norm & Joan Bennett
Angeyja

Second Star

Member III
Rendezvous poets cove

David and Launi Kirby in SECOND STAR will arrive Friday night and berth at the marina. We will be there for 2 nights .. see you all there!

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Poet's Cove Rendezvous 2010

Pleases-- if your going, make your reservations by tomorrow Night June 22
the phone # is 866-888-2683 use charts 3313 ,3462, 3477, or 3441 Lat 48 44"56"N Long 123 13'33"W see you their Saturday morning Hilda Harris and Eden will be staying Friday Night at Sidney NOrth Sannich Yacht Club
Friday Night

CHas and Judi sv-eden:egrin:

Second Star

Member III
2010 Rendzvous

Yep, we've already booked with the marina/resort. Will depart CFSA very early Fri morn to make tides. See you there.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Any Report or Pictures

Anyone not still out cruising....
give us stay-at-homes a report!
:cool:
Please!

LB

John N.W.Webb

Poet's Cove Ericson Rendezvous, June 19th & 20th.2010

After many missadventures, Rufus & John arrived at Poet's Cove under sail, from Porpoise Bay in Sechelt,& because the skipper had not checked their fuel level in Nanaimo & they ran out!! Having informed the Marina of the problem, extra people gathered at the intended docking point to catch the lines & docking was achieved under Jib alone. It was not pretty but neither was it a disaster! "Curlew" was then eased into her propper berth by hand. The pot-luck super was great & I am still trying to remember the names of all the new friends that I met there & during the next two days. One of the highlights for me was when I was hailed early on Saturday morning, by Vivian Morrow in "T.S.Farley" at the next berth, to ask if I would like a cup of Coffee, to which I replied yes & that I would swap her for a bowl of Porridge. So she brought the coffee over & we had breakfast together on "Curlew".
The Blindfolded Dinghy race was a hoot but I did not take part because I was getting help to bleed the fuel lines in my boat of air & get the engine running again. I was helped by James Deane & Alan Buttjes, of the Jueneau gathering, without whom I would not have been going again nearly as soon. There were some of our group who offered to help, but they were busy at the time.
I took several photos of our fleet & am getting Chas to fill in the names of owners & boats that I have missed.
Admiral Chas did a marvelous job of organising & the T Shirts were marvelous.
I am sure that there are others who can & will fill in the details that I have missed. John N.W.W., E29 "Curlew". http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/images/smilies/grinning_ericson.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.