2010 Rendezvous:(now)June 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Foulds

Hello Chas & Judi, Eden Lynn & Hilda Harris:

White Rock would welcome an Ericson Revenous if we had room :- (
Fortunately Blaine Harbour Marina is close by which should be able to accommodate such an event. Semiahmoo Marina is a stones throw away from Blaine........as in meters, which you might like to check out.
Our Semiahmoo Regatta is held towards the end of April each year.
In 2010 April 24/25 are likely dates, although NOR has not been posted yet. You could check them out at " iycbc.ca/ ". I don't believe the regatta is an invitational event, just sign up & show up. We have had upwards of 100 boats in past years.
It would certainly be exciting to an see Ericson Revenous in this area.
Cheers,
Wayne

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Planning for 2010 Rendezvous

Time for a new thread to gather information and volunteers for next June.
There is another message appended to another unrelated thread already, so I shall try to move it here.
I look forward to returning to BC waters or at least a location more convenient to the BC Ericson owners.
:egrin:

Loren

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy

Fortunately Blaine Harbour Marina is close by which should be able to accommodate such an event. Semiahmoo Marina is a stones throw away from Blaine........as in meters, which you might like to check out.
In 2010 April 24/25 are likely dates, although NOR has not been posted yet. You could check them out at " iycbc.ca/ ". I don't believe the regatta is an invitational event, just sign up & show up. We have had upwards of 100 boats in past years.
Cheers,
Wayne

Keep us informed Chas and Judi sv-eden

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Hi. We are new owners of an Ericson 38. We live in Bellingham, Wa. and would like to be kept informed of any plans for the rendezvous so we can have a chance to meet other northwest Ericson owners. Thanks. Dave Cahill

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous

Hi. We are new owners of an Ericson 38. We live in Bellingham, Wa. and would like to be kept informed of any plans for the rendezvous so we can have a chance to meet other northwest Ericson owners. Thanks. Dave Cahill

Opinions wanted ! ON going back to our roots "Bedwewll Harbour" Father"s day week end 2010. No more disscussion is required on wether to have it on Father's Day weekend or not because we changed it last time and not one Ericson was there that wanted it on the other preferred weekend. There fore I have been talking it up with other's on a face to face or on the phone. Bedwell is a customs Port of entry, a perfect jump of spot for continual cruising (Princess Louisa) etc.

Chas and Judi Eden E 30+ # 720
P>S> Hilda Harris and I are seriously considering the Semiahmoo Bay International Regatta April 2010/ 24 25

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Where / When

If anyone in BC or nearby is working on a location and date for the 2010 location, please let the rest of us know.
I am starting to plan for the trip up the coast, presumably (?) in early June and it will be very useful to know where this will fit into our vacation plans.

It is difficult to line up crew for the delivery and the sooner we Portlanders know the easier the planning is.
As we get into spring, "calendar compression" gets to be a problem for everyone. ;)

Thanks a lot,

Loren

wurzner

Member III
2010 Rendez Vous?????????????

Hi Folks.

Likely too late to secure moorage, but we should think about a rendez vous. Moorage at a marina, back bay at Port Ludlow of down by Port Hadlock, Marrowstone Island,? I'm in San Diego working but my boat and heart are still in the PNW. I would love to participate this year but we need to get the ball rolling.

Feedback needed immediately to consider pulling something off. I think Marrowstone, Port Hadlock, Port Ludlow, or Poulsbo are viable options Poulsbo is the best for dock side ammenities if we anchor out.

regards
shaun

chasandjudy

chas and judy

Cheers,
Wayne

Hi ! don't know if you have been following the chit chat. But the Ericson Rendezvous this year will be at Poet's Cove South Pender Island Father's Day weekend this is a Canadian Port of entry .. there fore no hassles, no guns just friendly customs personal check web site for further info.

chas and judi Sloop EDEN E 30+

John N.W.Webb

Where in Bedwell Harbour is Poet's Cove?

Hi Folks,
I am definitely coming to this 2010 Ericson Rendezvous. It will be my first! I shall be sailing (as much as possible) from Porpoise Bay near Sechelt, Via Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast, Sechelt Peninsula, & Nanaimo. My boat is an E-29, named Curlew,(ex-Naniamo Yacht Club) & I shall be accompanied by my dog, Rufus. So please put us on the list. Is there any registration fee? Or wharfage charge? We can anchor off if necessary.
I have searched my charts of South Pender Island but have been unable to find a Poet's Cove marked thereon! Can anyone elucidate? Looking forward enthusiastically to this event. Yours truly,
John nww. :egrin:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous @ Canadian Naval Centenial

Right, Loren! http://www.poetscove.com/marina.html will get you to their web-site. It looks good.

Rendezvous 2010, Good on yu! Just an observation The Canadian Navy will be 100 years old. There will be a fleet review of Canadian and International fleets June 9 to14 . 28 Navies that operate in the Indo-Pacific region will attend Australia, Bangladish, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Chile, Columbia, EWquador, France(Tahiti), India, Idonesia, Japan ,Malasia, Pakistan, Mexico, Netherlands,,New Zealand, Pakistan, Papaua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines,
Russia, Singapore, Republic of South Korea, Thailand, United Kingdon,The United States Navy and Coast Guard, Tonga, and Vietnam ( hope I didn"t
miss anyone) will be participants The ships will anchor off Royal Roads the
fleet review is officially Saturday . The last time a occasion occurred in Canada was in 1958 , 32 ships where anchored off Royal Roads, Princess Margaret took the salute off HMCS Crescent as reviewing officer. A flypast of Canada's Famed Snowbirds will also happen. we expect 12,000 visiting sailors
on any one day. Oh and by the way there is a parade on Friday downtown
if you want to attend this shindig befor the Rendezvous limited moorage atr CFSA club dock and the inner Harbour, with its hotels and moorage will be a a premium so " Book Now:!!

Chas and Judi E30+ Eden
I will keep you posted on developments Re: Security, moorage and so forth

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Hi Folks,
I am definitely coming to this 2010 Ericson Rendezvous. It will be my first! I shall be sailing (as much as possible) from Porpoise Bay near Sechelt, Via Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast, Sechelt Peninsula, & Nanaimo. My boat is an E-29, named Curlew,(ex-Naniamo Yacht Club) & I shall be accompanied by my dog, Rufus. So please put us on the list. Is there any registration fee? Or wharfage charge? We can anchor off if necessary.
I have searched my charts of South Pender Island but have been unable to find a Poet's Cove marked thereon! Can anyone elucidate? Looking forward enthusiastically to this event. Yours truly,

HI !
Further information on registration ,phone numbers etc. is on this web site but just in case you can phone me at 250 478-3669 or cell 250 888 4503
and Poet"s Cove is locate in Bedwell Harbour ( a provincial Marine Park with at least 20 mooring buoys plenty of room to anchor its on South Pender Island South ( Looking forward to meeting you and Rufus. Curlew is a good E-boat I've meet her in Naniamo with its previous owners.

Chas and Judi EDEN E 30+:egrin:

Last edited:

TS Farley

Member II
2 threads

Hmmm. We seem to have 2 current threads on the same topic; the other is under sub-forum along with the survey. Does anyone know how to combine the two?

TS Farley
E 35
Canoe Cove
Vancouver Island

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yup. This is a good place

I am leaning towards just locking the other thread, and focusing on this one for this year's attendance and last minute plans.

I hope that this is OK with the other NW Vikings.
Loren

John N.W.Webb

One site is a good idea! Now info on Canadian facilities...

If you have a copy of "Ports & Passes" you can find all sorts of info. on Victoria & area. There is a chart on P. 526 (not to be used for navigation) & all sorts of radio frequencies & phone numbers for Moorage & all sorts of other stuff on P. 528 I keep my old copies & tear out the outdated tide tables to lighten it up, (using a new Hydrgraphic servise set) & using the other information as necessary. Bedwell Harbour is on P. 70 & Poet's Cove info is on P. 71. Thank-you Charley for the phonecall & encouragement, it was a great help. Here is the url. at which you can learn more about the Navy Centennial Review :--<http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/marpac/3/3-w_eng.asp> Yours truly, John nww.

Last edited:

Spirit Moon

Member II
Sounds great. Bedwell Harbour, the marine park, and Poet's Cove resort and marina is a great spot. We look forward to attending.
Frank & Linda
SV Spirit Moon E38

Spirit Moon

Member II
I sailed over to Bedwell Harbour / Poets Cove on the weekend and made my reservation. Looks like there is still a lot of space left.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I sailed over to Bedwell Harbour / Poets Cove on the weekend and made my reservation. Looks like there is still a lot of space left.

After the recent reports of storm damage to marinas in that general area, how did their docks and buoys hold up?

Thanks
Loren

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.