2007 NW Ericson Rendezvous - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Date idea

As a back up date, I vote with Mark -- June 23/24.

Addtional note: while every set of dates will have some sort of potential conflict, there is one in July that is heavily sailing oriented and I believe that we should try to avoid a conflict: Whitbey Island Race Week (July 22 - 27). I know of several boats from Portland that are going to this, as they do every year. There are bound to be some Ericsons at this huge regatta.
http://www.whidbey.com/raceweek/

Respectfully,
Loren

Last edited:

saildad

Member II
2007 Nwer

We had an absolute blast at last years gathering in Port Sydney BC and the sailing was AWESOME! I definately voted for the rotating locations for the simple reason that we like to go to new places!
That being said, I would like to see the event on any other weekend than the 14-15th of July. We are scheduled to do the Olson 30 nationals at Lake Tahoe that weekend so that would be definately out for Jann and I.
Look forward to seeing all the pacific northwesters again!
BILL
Channel Islands Harbor
74 E-35 II
PS
If your not quite sure who we are. Find the pictures of the couple with the big horns. That would be us :egrin:

wurzner

Member III
Polls Added - Who Plans on attending the Rendez Vous?

Hi,

I've checked the polls and noticed only 10 people voted. I'm' sure more than 10 people plan on attending so it would be great if you could drop by those threads and vote for location and date.

Also, can you please put a posting here if you plan on attending?

thanks
shaun

Dave G

Member II
We're In

Kathy and Dave aboard E-29 Spirit are planning to attend. Missed it last year, don't want that to happen again.

Dave Green

trucknrn

Member I
slight mistake

hi All

A slight mistake the passport is a must for flying entering the us now an next jan 1 for everything,sheeesh as much as I cross the border you would think I`d know that O,well i`m old!

Dick
e39 #73

trucknrn

Member I
bellingham

Hi all

Just a thought on bellingham sounds great lots to see and do,but from what I have seen whats the chance of finding a spot open?

Dick
e39"Partnership"

hodo

Member III
rendevouz

Hi Folks, I talked to the "Pieman" today and put in an order for some Apple Pie. Just a FYI. Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker

maggie-k

Member II
rendevouz

Hi All been a while since I have been on this site . I plan to make it this year miss last was around Port McNeill at the time od last years on my way to the Queen Charlott Islands, , Got back early October for a day then for the past 4 months I have been sailing with a friend on his Spencer 1330 in the Caribean , We sailied it down from Canada then threw the Panama Canal. Was just doing some racing on a Maxi out of Barbados. Back to the cold country tomorrow.

wurzner

Member III
Update on Summer Rendez Vous

It's looking good for Port Townsend for June 15th~17th. I tried to move it a week out, but it is already committed to by 2 yacht clubs. July is an option, but that tends to be too far out.

That being said, who CAN'T make Port Townsend on father's day? I need to give them a number when I call them March 15th to firm things up?

wurzner

Member III
They won't take bookings until March 15th. The marina is not planning on opening until the beggining of June.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I spoke to the PT reps briefly at the Seattle show, and they were fairly sure, without an absolute promise, that they would indeed by docking boats by June 1. If the weekend of June 15 -17 is what we can get, I will plan to be there.
Thanks for your continuing efforts, and it must be a bit frustrating for you, too.

Best,
Loren

wurzner

Member III
Loren,

It has been a little tough setting this one up. I would compare it to listening to and watchin blisters materizing on your hull. Fortunately for me, my boats have been fully cutlivated with respect to blisters, but I'm sure it would be about as satisfying as figuring out where to go. In the future, i do suggest we move it out a little. I personally think the first week of July would be great since it is a short week and great time to be north our south of the boarder. I'm glad that Bellingham is out of scope for the time being because as the polls clearly showed, there is a no ideal place to accomocate americans and canadians alike. I'm from Canada and look at a trip north as a great treat, but it it a haul for folks from Tacomo or futher south. Equally difficiult is for folks from Vancover to make it down south, say to Poulsbo without a real commitment. With that in mind, Bellingham was just too far north to consider the folks from the south sound. Since we did Sidney last year, I wanted to keep it more accessable to people coming up the sound. We will likely lose a few, but hopefully pick some up as well and next year we will be up north again.

But you are right, it's been a pain. Dealing with government businesses is tough...they are hard to get a commitment out of. When I mentioned that I was sure the wouldn't miss the wooden boat event, they knew where I was coming from since that puts a lot of money in the local economy. I'm sure they will be ready June 1. They managed to get an extension for putting pilings in which if a private person tried to get an extension, they would have a better chance of growing hear (speaking for myseft atleast).

I'm sure we will be one of the first to enjoy their new facility!

Cheers
Shaun

mark reed

Member III
Regrets

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for all your hard work on lining things up for the rendezvous. We won't be able to make Father's Day, being on a school calendar and having snow days to make up. We'll miss you all. Our tentative plan is for another circumnavigation of Vancouver Island this year, as long as wx and gear cooperate! Hope to see some of you out there.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Kind of tagging on to Mark' remarks (now there's a name for a blog!) -- no matter *what* date we pick it will not work for some folks for reasons as varied as the indivual owners...
:p
Whether it's school make-up days or Father's Day or Summer Solstice, "It's always something!" as Roseanna used to say on SNL.

And then, in the real world, any marina only has so many available group openings.

Thanks again for all your efforts,

Loren

Status
Not open for further replies.