2007 NW Ericson Rendezvous - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2007

Last year one of my visits was at Port Edmonds-- this beautiful little town bends over for the casual boater and the marina would offer us a complete spot for ourselves (I was told by the manager) enough room for about 45 boats check out their websit the business of the town give out a card that can be used like a credit cart for various discounts in the store including groceries, Just a though we might want to persue further.

Chasand Judi Eden E30+ (the blue one):0305_alar

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I will gladly stay out of the begging business... my plate is full enough.
:)
Looking at the location of Edmonds, though, it sounds possible. It would be another full day's run for many of us, compared with Pt Townsend, but we will be cruising and vacationing all around the area anyway.

Good information.
Thank you!

Loren

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
Hello everyone, first I would like to say, I finally got ahold of my Apple Pie supplier, was assured there would be more this year. I was unable to wrangle the reciepe from him, but did find out it involves Everclear. He wanted to know what proof as he would need to make a trip to Idaho for anything over 153. I said last years batch was great, stick to that. For next year if Pt hudson is not available, Oak Harbor has a large marina, and we could probably use the yacht club for a gathering place. we would have to look out for when Race Week is though. Also Cap Sante in Anacortes might work. Further south is Port Orchard, and they have always trated us well when the club goes there. Lots to see there, and free ferry to Bremerton on weekends. Does anyone know about John Wayne Marina on Sequim Bay? Well, Happy Turkey Hunting, Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker. P.S. Sean, I think there is a wee bit of the pie left on Mischief Maker. Maybe we should see ......... Harold

usmcgrizz

Member I
Port Orchard

We currently slip Mariahhh (1970 E29) at Railway Marina in Port Orchard. Although we would would prefer some place "away" from home for the 2007 rendezvous you might consider that Bremerton is completing 200 + slips this year (2006). We left in October to return to Texas for the winter so I don't know how far along they have come in their expansion.

Many thanks to all of you who have worked so hard on this and you can count us in wherever you decide.

David and Joan Brockett

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
...P.S. Sean, I think there is a wee bit of the pie left on Mischief Maker. Maybe we should see ......... Harold

Hey Harold - Sure, we would enjoy coming down there (tyee, right?) and visiting with you guys... Send me a note off line and we can set something up...

And thanks! :egrin:
//sse

trucknrn

Member I
?

Well if the get together happens before june 1 we an our 39ericson will showup, then were off for a june thru oct alaska cruise! anybody else going up without a schedule?
:egrin:

Dick and Carol

trucknrn

Member I
passport

I have no negative or positive on the spot but for both sides remember after jan 1 you must have a passport no exceptions.

Hope to meet all the ericson bunch wherever it is.

Dick and Carol

usmcgrizz

Member I
passports 2008

I read a news blub indicating that only air passengers would need passports to get back into USA until 2008. Anyone else happen to read this? BTW Joan and I will be attending this coming year wherever it may be.

David Brockett
s/v Mariahhh
Port Orchard, Wa
Crew
Muenster, Tx

Mike.Gritten

Member III
As I understand it, we are only going to be required to produce passports after Jan 15, 2007 when we are flying (on an airplane!) into or out of the USA. For those of us driving or arriving by boat, we won't need to produce passports until Jan 1 of 2008.

wurzner

Member III
Update on Pt Townsend

I've been in contact with port hudson regularly over the last 2 months and here is the latest. They started late as I mentioned in my previous post and will not accept reservations until Feb 1. Also, they are not sure when they will complete the work and they are currently projecting June. That date is based on the delayed start since it was originally suppose to be finished by the beginning of may. That being said, they are making very good progress and may update their reservation policy based on how much progress they are making. They are very interested in having us back, but are taking a very conservative approach which makes sense. They realize we need to firm things up or risk losing out, but I would not count port townsend out for our event.

I will send an update once I've spoken with here and we can make a call at that point. I've also contacted some other locations as a back up, but I'll leave that for the next posting since it will require another online poll.

In all seriousness, I would say we will be meeting in Pt Hudson and just need to give them a little more time to ensure they are on track. Progress thus far despite a late start is excellent. The only concern is the storm we just had and any impact that may have had on their progress. I say that because I"m using an emergency battery/invertor to drive my modem and notebook as we have been without juice for what will soon be 3 days. My boat is a single open slip between boat houses facing east/west and despite the protection of 30 foot boat houses, my boat boat was healing 10-15 in the slip AND it was really tied up. We say low to mid seventies and that could have hammered PT Hudson. I'll give them a call and get an update and post it to the group shortly.

mark reed

Member III
I vote for weekend after Father's Day

Hi all -
Due to school calendars, Vicki and I would find it easier to attend next year if the date was delayed by one weekend, to June 23-24. As far as location, we would be happy with just about any of the ones being discussed - Pt Townsend, Pt Ludlow, Pt Orchard, Edmonds, Anacortes, etc. With all due respect to Loren, Gray's Hbr would be my last choice!:)

Richard Elliott

Member III
Rendezvous

I second Mark on the W/E of June 23. I used to own an Islander 28 and attended two Rendezvous at Port Ludlow. Excellent facilities but very popular and, hence crowded. The Robert Perry designs Rendezvous accomodated many more boats than we would see at the Ericson Rendezvous.

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We too, would prefer to move to the weekend after Fathers' Day. Not that we have any real problem with the date, just our preference is for later in the month.

Dave G

Member II
I agree, the weekend after Fathers Day would be much better. For people with kids there would be fewer end of school year conflicts. We didn't make the '06 event for that reason.

Dave Green
E-29 Spirit
Bellingham

trucknrn

Member I
From the border it is a good day`s sailing from the border to poulsbo, good roads plenty of amenities an groups like ours are the bread and butter of the place but again any place is good for us with enough wiggle room for a very poor boat in tight spots!

Dick and Carol

ps: pacific seacraft still has a good supply of ericson decals

wurzner

Member III
recent PNW storms are moving last day of school out

Once again, no kids and no conflicts, but the recent storms and lost days of school are going to push the end of the school year out a week or maybe more depending on the next 8 weeks of weather. I'll ring Stuart and see what he has to say about possibly moving it out. Based on a previous post, he may be cruising all summer and may be in Alaska around that time, but I'm not sure.

Stay tuned

Shaun

wurzner

Member III
Port Hudson Update

I spoke with Ronda at Port Hudson and the end of June looks good. I will be checking in with her Feb 15 since the pilings need to be completed by then due to the fish going through a "honeymoon" period. If they are not in buy then, the project goes on hold until September and they will lose the wooden boat festival revenue. As such, I'm sure they will have the piling work done by then and we should be fine. At this time, I would say we all schedule in port townsend. Per the previous thread, maybe we put it out a week based on input.

Shaun

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"Mr (and Ms) January"

Just wanted to say a special thanks to Heather and Stuart for all their work on the rendezvous calendar. We are really enjoying the current month!
:)
You all look so happy in that re-naming picture...
but Glyn is the scene stealer for January...
:D

Loren

(so much for "15 minutes of fame" -- some folks get 30 days!!)

wurzner

Member III
Sean - We need some Polls Added

Howdy folks. I spoke with Stuart last week and he is currently offline and stranded at Mt.Washington snowboarding until first week of Feb!!! Then Stuart has the gruesome task of heading back to the mainland to spend the remaining time at Blackcomb until a sailing race in the Greek islands sometime late spring (I know, this is getting sickening)!:eeks:

With respect to the Rendez Vous, we need the following polls.

Backup location of Bellingham, La Conner, or Poulsbo. Keep in mind the current and most likely location will be Port Townsend...these are back up locations that we will consider if we get bad news come Feb 15th. Stuart and I also though we should consider the Port of Seattle so we can all inspect Sean's new roof and he could host a BBQ and open bar party at his house ( I doubt that option without editing will make the polls since Sean creates them).

Also, as an additional snow storm approachs tommorow and the current school schedule is now extended to the end of June, possibly the beggining of July, should we consider another date? This would benefit the folks with kids and maximize participation. Initially, Stuart and I were thinking a week or so, but then comes the issue of availability due to July 1 and 4th boaters. Is it worth pushing it out into the 2nd or 3rd week of July, move it out 1 week only?

Sean, please put up a poll so we can query the folks who plan on attending. Please vote in the polls if you plan on attending and leave additonal comments as well.

thanks
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.