Water Drainage from Teak cockpit side-board storage area

Chris Haug

I am in the process of updating our old girl. Repaintiing the insides of these little storage areas of the teak combings on the port and starboard sides of the cockpit is on the list. Did these ever have a way of draining water ?I've had to sponge it out after washing her down. Anyone out there with the answer or a solution ?

E-32

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
They drain nowhere - I think it is another part of the design that is for southern California only. I toyed with the idea of installing a drain into the cockpit floor, but since I put covers over the varnish that block the holes, it has been much less of a problem.
Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Chris Haug

Thanks for the Reply: We have covers now also. Just finished painting the insides off these this week. At least now there waterproof. Before the wood would just get saturated. I also toyed with running a drainage line to the bilge, Easy on the starboard side... bit of a problem on the port. Also thought about drilling straight out the side, but green water could get back in. Oh well..the least of my worries.

thanks,
Chris Haug
Christiania
E-32
#214:egrin: