Wanting to buy E23 or E25 Centerboard retractable keel

READYABOUT

We want to purchase an E23 or E25 centerboard sailboat. Must have a trailer for transport. We will pick up.

Please provide pictures of boat front, back, starboard, port, cabin area - sink, head, berth, sails - stretched out to see condition, rudder, trailer, etc.

Please answer questions

1) Does the boat have a centerboard keel - raises and lowers with the crank in the cockpit?
2) Do you have a trailer and in what condition is the trailer - can the trailer support the boat on a long trip, tire condtion, wheel bearings, etc.?
3) How many sails and in what condition are the sails?
4) What is the condiiton of the rudder?
5) How old is the outboard motor and in what condition?
6) When was the bottom painted?
7) When was the last time she was sailed?
8) Are there any boat dealers or boat brokers in the area so we can have the boat surveyed?

Thank you
:)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Geography and Logistics...

It would be helpful to know where you are located and how far you are willing to drive to pick up a boat. Also, there is the issue of trailer weight. I could see pulling an E-23 with a compact truck like my B-4000 Mazda, but would want something like an F150 with a tow package for the E-25....

Best,
Loren in PDX
:cool:

READYABOUT

In the lower 48 US

Thank you for responding to my request.

We are retired so traveling to pick up the boat is no problem as long as it in the lower 48 US.

We are aware that we need a heavy-duty truck. We had a 36ft Teton 5th wheel which is one of the heavier models. Appreciate the feedback.

:)

Steve Swann

Member III
E25 in Idaho

I may be interested in selling my 1977 E25 and will send pictures if you are interested. I just purchased a Nor'sea 27 but I still seem a bit reluctant to let go of Sea Horse because she has a lot of options and is in perfect condition.

Sea Horse is a c/b model but uses a winch on the stb cabin top. It winches up and down easily.

It has a NEW Classic tandem aluminum trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes. It has NEVER been submerged and tows like a dream behind my Ford Powerstroke 4X4.

Has a main with 2 sets of reef points, lazyjacks, and hank-on jib.

Rudder is in perfect condition as is the tiller. Has covers.

Has an inboard 8 hp diesel with 2 new batteries. Don't know the hours on the motor, but starts easily and always works perfectly. 12 gal diesel in port locker. Whale gusher manual and electric bilge pumps. Bilges are clean enough to eat off of.

Blue bottom paint is 2 years old. Newly painted dark blue sheer stripe, waxed and polished hull and decks. Bow pulpit and lifelines.

Sailed first week of August out of Port Townsend, WA this year. Came home to Boise, Idaho flushed her completely with fresh water, scrubbed, and completely winterized. Is in covered storage at my house.

Boat brokers in Boise? None that I know of.

Other notes: All standing rigging (except new forestay) has been sent off to have replaced with new and I have upgraded the strength (WEST Marine). All exterior wood is refinished and perfect. Interior is very nice and everything works. Spent $650 in July on new foam cushions and covers. Flushing marine head with blackwater tank, Custom interior table, teak magazine racks towel holders, etc., kerosene and 12v lighting, enhanced breaker switch panels, swim platform, anchor sprit (Bruce and Danforth copies) on bow. Has Garmin 162 Marine GPS on swing-out mount, digital depth, digital speed, new bulkhead compass, Autohelm 1000, cockpit cushions and spray dodger. This boat is really gets a lot of compliments - but it won't be cheap, either. (208) 376-3376 ext. 418 is my work #. Steve

Last edited: