Wanted: E29 curtains

IslandTime29

Member II
Wondering what folks would recommend for curtains for my 1976 E29? Just wanting something for a little more privacy.

Thanks in advance!
Justin

SurabyaKid

Member III
I saw this design in a book ( I think 101 sailboat projects) and made them for my boat. I used a blackout cloth which does a great job of blocking the sunlight but does tend to wrinkle a bit unless stretched out along the bungee cord as can be seen from the picture. When I want them off, I just remove the bungee cord from the hooks and stow them or sometimes I fold and put the upper cord on the lower hooks.

Pat

Attachments

• Port Curtains 1.jpg
    Port Curtains 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 117

IslandTime29

Member II
Pat, thank you for the picture! That is a good option and one I may just try. Not so much worried about the light, as I am privacy. Might get Sunbrella cloth that will match my cushions and make the curtains out of that. Thank you!

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I ended up making something like the link above. The shade I bought is; http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14305645&RN=686&KSKU=109654 one shade did all six ports. It's a cellular shade that a 5/8" dowel fits nicely into a cell. The smaller shades are held open with Velcro and the larger shades have a Dacron loop with a button. Bungee would probably work better for the loop but I had the Dacron line handy :).

Attachments

• shade1.jpg
    shade1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 54
  • shade2.jpg
    shade2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 54
  • shade7.jpg
    shade7.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 54
  • shade6.jpg
    shade6.jpg