Universal 5432 raw water impeller kit/part#?

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I disassembled the raw water pump today to replace the impeller. The part number, IIRC, Westerbeke 33100 is not the correct impeller. Both the manual and the other spare on the boat were also 33100 so I am confused as to what pump I have and why the PO would have the incorrect part and part number on board?

The pump in question is a Sherwood but there are no other part numbers anywhere on the pump. Any input on this matter would be appreciated. I will be hitting the local marine suppliers to see what they have to say tomorrow. Thanks, RT

wheelerwbrian

Member III
I replaced my oberdorfer with the sherwood on my 5432 last year, which has now been renamed to a Westerbeke part. Check out the Torreson marine site for the impeller part -- this link will get you to a pic of the pump to make sure its the correct one, and then there is another link from there to get the impeller, gasket, etc. Prepare for some minor sticker shock...:0305_alar

http://shop.torresen.com/marine_die...p=details&mfc=Westerbeke&sku=42175&sectionid=

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
A local marina that has a reputation for stocking everything had the Sherwood kit in stock. I ordered a backup as well. Yes, the pumps themselves are quite spendy but I am hoping to never need one..... RT

Gary Peterson

Marine Guy
Western Branch Diesel in Portsmouth, VA has a division called Engines 1 which sells Westerbeke and Universal engines and all parts. www.engines1.com
I am their Marine Application Engineer.
I retired from Detroit Diesel and contract with Western Branch.
I am going to retire (again) at the end of the year as the travel to and from Grosse Ile, Michigan is getting to be a pain and takes me away from my sailing time.
:egrin: