Triumph on Catalina

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Congratulations!

I should like everyone to know how we did in the appetizer contest at Catalina.

Yes, we won it. Not a co-first, or a grudging first, or one of those political wins from which the judges want something in return. Not at all: a clean win.
Wow!!!! I've known for a while that you are a star, sailor extraordinaire, electrical genius, etc. But now to find that you are also a leading Left Coast gourmand. Unbelievable!

Congratulations. :cheers:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Small pumpernickel (or rye) rounds, blue cheese with a bread and butter pickle under a broiler. Serve with good scotch. Hmmmm!

Congrats CW!

Last edited:

tenders

Innocent Bystander
I should like everyone to know how we did in the appetizer contest at Catalina.

Yes, we won it. Not a co-first, or a grudging first, or one of those political wins from which the judges want something in return. Not at all: a clean win.
Wow!!!! I've known for a while that you are a star, sailor extraordinaire, electrical genius, etc. But now to find that you are also a leading Left Coast gourmand. Unbelievable!

Congratulations. :cheers:

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Christian's 1981 biography of Ted Turner and can also formally confirm what we all casually know: he is, and has long been, a sparkling writer. (I suspect writing is his first love, or at least his first bread-and-butter.) Christian's account, at a point in Turner's life when he was quite successful but perhaps only about half as accomplished as we think of him being today, and probably much less than half as wealthy, is as sharp as cheddar on grits.

http://www.amazon.com/Lead-Follow-Get-Out-Way/dp/0812910044