The E35-II is a reaching monster

Rolf

Inactive Member
While this has been stated over and over, there is nothing sweeter than racing experience hammering this point home. As some of you know, I've been frustrated with Sirius' (my refitted 1979 E35-II) performance racing around the buoys for the last several year which has forced :)egrin:) me to purchase an Evelyn 32-2. However, Sirius is a monster in port-to-port races, especially when reaching. I've raced in two Lake Michigan port-to-ports so far in 2010, placing 4th overall (out of 101 racing boats) in the Chicago to Waukegan race a few weeks ago, and 2nd in the Queen's Cup Milwaukee-Grand Haven Shorthanded division last weekend. In both cases we had respectable winds 10-30ish knots in flat water, conditions, which make these boats fearsome competitors . . . even in the face of more modern designs. I still need to rebuild the Evelyn over the next year or so and I know I will love that boat, but think the best compromise is to keep both unless someone will pry her out of my hands!!:egrin:

Thanks to Seth and Greg for real helpful comments over the last few months . . . they were invaluable.

rolf

Last edited: