Guest viewing is limited
  • Untitled Document

Join us on May 31st, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

May Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Teak

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I am looking for a source for the teak for the cockpit, 9'4" x 12" x 1". I am in the vicinity of Syracuse. I can carry it in my trailer, and am willing to road trip a few hundred miles to find it if anyone has a suggestion.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

escapade

Inactive Member
teak lumber sources

Gareth
Public Lumber in Detroit, Mi has teak. You can check them out @ www.publiclumber.com Barn Door Lumber In Hemlock, Mi & Greenia Woodworking in Reese, Mi also carry teak in the rough & you can have them mill it to your specs. It's pricey though! I can't believe there aren't any speciality woodworking shops closer than that to you but if you would like I can get more specific info for these businesses. Let me know if there's anything I can help with. I would think shipping common carrier would be cheaper than driving, though.
Bud

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I will contact the place in Detroit tomorrow, if you can find a phone number for the other I would appreciate it.
Those pieces are not a common size, and I have not yet found any yards willing to go looking for it.
Gareth

escapade

Inactive Member
the numbers

Gareth
The phone # for Greenia Custom Woodworking is 989-868-9790. Barn Door Lumber Co. is 989-642-8309. Price runs about $18.00 bd.ft. in the rough plus $.25 ft. for millwork. I have purchased material from both and it has been top quality (but not cheap!!). I guess I'm getting old. The first teak lumber I bought cost $4.50 bd.ft. Wish I'd have bought a couple hundred ft at that price. Oh well!
Bud

clayton

Member III
Teak source

Gareth -
Check out www.woodshopnews.com , go to the links and there's a list of woodworking suppliers. In Mass there's Downes & Reader, and there are a couple of links to "rare exotic wood" further down the list. In the back of Fine Woodworking Magazine, there's an ad for www.anexotichardwood.com with an 888-434-3031 number. Good luck.

Clayton