Table support 38-200

number1tankman

I purchased a Ericson 38-200 that was damaged by Katrina. When I purchased it the yard had removed the mast. Being unaware at the time of purchase that the dining table was attached to the mast with some sort of bracket I did not realize I until now that I do not have this bracket. I have attempted to contact the original fabricator of the part but he has not been able to find the drawings so he could remanfacture. I would like to ask a owner of one of thes units to please photograph there bracket and kindly provde me with some sort of dimensions so I can fabricate a new bracket. Thanks Jim Lee

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hi Jim...
Our 1988 38-200 doesn't have the table connected to the mast at all. It has a cutout to fit the mast, then just 2 posts that go to fittings on the cabin sole. It does have a bracket on each side for the table extension that goes across the center isle to allow for people to be seated on the settee and use the table. It might be that other years had other hardware, but I kind of doubt it, since that table dropped down to be another berth.
Does your table have hardware for posts?
CHris

number1tankman

Chris thanks for the quick reply. I have attached a view of the bracket that was bolted to the bottom of the table. Note that the pipe looking down has a notch in it that I believe kept the table from moving side to side. The vertical pipe I believe sliped inside of a slightly larger pipe allowing the table to be lifted off the support that was rivited to the mast. In looking thru the color brochure for the 38's (at the back of the book it shows the 200's) the table support is not visible. I have had numerous calls with the company that supplied much of the stainless for Ericson but they cannot find the drawing. In looking at all the 38's for sale on the net it appears that many of them had the galley located on the starboard side not the port side as mine does. Also may of them have the motor located behind the steps not under the sink. If yours has the galley to the port then might be like yours and I am assuming incorrectly. Please view my attachment and let me know. Thanks Jim

Attachments

• TABLEBASE2.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 110

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
ah, the joy of smaller production boats:D All is not the same...

Well, that's a new one on me-- I'd bet somebody here has one, though-- or it was a total custom job that somebody knows about. I'm curious to hear the answer...
CHris