T-Molding

ccorcoran

Member II
I still have some new teak-colored t-molding as used to seal the seam between hatches and interior surround trim on late model Ericsons. I had to order a fair amount of it and there is still some to be had. I was selling enough to the hatches on a 32, 34, 38 for $20, including shipping. Please let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:

escapade

Inactive Member
"T" molding

Chris;
I could use enough to do my 1988 E34. After rerigging, epoxy bottom & new T & H cabin sole, that project should be a walk in the park. I'm ready for an easy one! Let me know exact cost & I will get a check off to you.
BTW, just added Sail-Tec Hyd. backstay adjuster. If interested I can let you know how it works out.
Thanks, have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

ccorcoran

Member II
Hi Bud,

Sounds like you've had your hands full with your 34! I would really appreciate hearing about how the Sail-Tec backstay adjuster works. I'm still trying to figure out the best (and most cost-effective) solution. As for the t-molding, just drop me a check for $20 and I'll send you 20 ft. of the molding. The $20 includes shipping (please let me know where you'd like it shipped). You can send the check to:

Chris Corcoran
365 St. Augustine Ct.
Benicia, CA 94510

BTW, if you do a search on t-molding, you'll find my earlier post with a photo of the modling; it's a perfect match!

escapade

Inactive Member
Chris;
Sorry for the delay in response. Launched Escapade on Tuesday, was race committee last night (Wed.) and have to get ready for overnight race on Friday! I don't know if I'm moving slower or the world is moving faster but I'm having a tough time keeping up at 50! Will get a check off to you tomorrow w/shipping address included. Will keep you posted on how the backstay adjuster works out. So far, real happy w/installation. Purchased from Rigging Only @ Chicago Show last winter. Was considerably cheaper than Navtec, plus it's made in Wisconsin! Fit & finish is great and initial function tests look great!
Thanks again.
Bud E34 "Escapade"

ccorcoran

Member II
Backstay Adjuster

Hi Bud,

You should have the t-molding via UPS on the 28th (John, yours too). I included some photos and an article I did on hatch refinishing for series III Ericsons.

Bud, I may have found a good deal on a rebuilt sailtec internal backstay adjuster (long stroke=13.5"). When you fitted yours, did you have any clearance problems with the stern railing? The backstay comes right up through the railing and it looks to be a bit tight (in fact, that's why I'm giving up on the mechanical adjuster, it's too tight for the wheel); moreover, how/where did you deploy the handle for pumping, is it set on the side; what about the gauge? Just thought I'd ask since you recently went through the install process. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

escapade

Inactive Member
backstay adjuster

Chris;
Yes, I had the same problem your describing. I added a eye/jaw toggle @ the bottom which turns the adjuster 90 degrees. The pump handle action is athwartship rather than fore & aft. This seems to work just fine. No interference w/stern rail or handle poking you in the back. The top of my cylinder is about 3" below the top rail. I have the standard stroke length. BTW, SailTec recommends the toggle in the set-up to allow some side to side movement w/o stressing the cylinder. The gauge faces the helmsperson & the relief nob faces aft. Will attach a photo of install if I can remember to take my camera to the boat this weakend! Thanks for the T molding.
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Roger Ware

Member III
T molding still available?

Chris, I just saw your post. I would love to have enough of this for my Ericson 38 200 - which I would guess is about 20 feet. Do you still have that much left?

Thanks very much.

Roger Ware
Kingston, ON

ccorcoran

Member II
Hi Roger,

Yes, I do still have the t-molding. It's $20 for 20 ft. including shipping. Just send me a check and let me know where you'd like it shipped. BTW, it looks great.

Roger Ware

Member III
T molding glue?

Hi Chris - I sent you a mailing address by private email. What glue do you use to glue it in place?

Thanks again.

Roger

ccorcoran

Member II
T-Molding Installation

Roger,

I haven't received the e-mail yet. However, as to glue, the t-molding is a pressure fit. Simply pull out the old molding (which usually is disintegrating/disintegrated), clean the slot and begin pressing-in the new t-molding until you've covered the entire circumference. I use a razor knife for a neat trim. The original t-molding was a pressure fit, as well. It's possible that a PO of your boat may have glued some pieces to hold them in place. I've had my new t-molding up in our boat for 18 months and it's stayed in place, perfectly. Good luck.

Roger Ware

Member III
T molding - check sent

Chris - just in case this works better than the "email channel" I mailed you a check yesterday for the T molding. I am hoping you can mail it to me in Canada (address included with the check).

Cheers and thanks, Roger

ccorcoran

Member II
T-Molding Shipped

Hi Roger,

I'm not sure about the e-mail pinging process, either. Just to be safe, I thought I'd post the info...I shipped the molding to you via USPS Air Mail. You should have it in two to three days. If you have any questions, let me know. I included a copy of an article I drafted for the EY.c owner projects section on rebuilding Lewmar hatches; it has info/photos on the t-molding. Good luck!

ref_123

Member III
Any molding left?

Hi, Chris,

looks like it is going to be my next project... Any t-molding left? We have E 32-3... And I need to re-bed only one hatch, thank Lord!

Thanks,
Stan

ccorcoran

Member II
Hi Stan,

I still have some molding left. I've been selling it for $20 for 20 ft. (enough to do two large and one small hatch) including shipping. BTW, it's VERY easy to install the t-molding around the hatches; I'd do all the surrounds even if you're only rebedding one of the hatches. Just send me a check and let me know where you'd like it shipped. BTW, have you rebuilt your hatch? I went through that a year ago and had all three of mine rebuilt on the east coast by Select Plastics (authorized Lewmar rebuilding facility in CT); they did a great job and the price was less than half replacement cost. When I send you the molding, I'll send along an article w/ photos of the replacement process on our boat.

Mindscape

Member III
More T-Molding?

Chris - after you supply Stan will you have any T-molding left? I've got a 32-3 that I'm working on (2 hatches). I'm also interested in the article and photos of the replacement project on your boat.

Thanks.
Frank

ccorcoran

Member II
More T-Molding

Hi Frank,

No problem, I'm sure I have enough for you and I'll make a point of sending the article with the molding. When you send the check, just let me know where you want it sent. BTW, I tried attaching the article to this posting, unfortunately, the file is too large; maybe Sean Engle could help out and post it to the projects section? I'll try sending him an e-mail.

daynardi

Member II
Plastic Tee-Mold

Chris: I see that your advert for the tee mold is a few years old. Do you happen to still have some of the molding? Let me know if it is still available, I'm looking for enough to do the two hatches in our 1985 E32-3.

Thanks.

I still have some new teak-colored t-molding as used to seal the seam between hatches and interior surround trim on late model Ericsons. I had to order a fair amount of it and there is still some to be had. I was selling enough to the hatches on a 32, 34, 38 for $20, including shipping. Please let me know if you're interested.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
David,

PM me. I'm doing the same "deal" as CCorcoran. I believe he ran out a long time ago - which is the reason why I ended up buying a huge roll of the stuff. :)

Its the same size, but a touch lighter than the original.

Scott Reed

Chris, do you still have hatch molding left?

Chris,
You wrote (some time ago, see below). Do you still have any hatch molding left? Also, I'm very intrested in seeing the work/article on the hatch replacement you did w/ Select Plastics. I've got two large hatches, salon and forward berth that need reglazing. Coincidentally I live in CT so Select Plastics is surely closeby.
Many thanks,
Scott Reed, Querencia 38-200

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Stan,

I still have some molding left. I've been selling it for $20 for 20 ft. (enough to do two large and one small hatch) including shipping. BTW, it's VERY easy to install the t-molding around the hatches; I'd do all the surrounds even if you're only rebedding one of the hatches. Just send me a check and let me know where you'd like it shipped. BTW, have you rebuilt your hatch? I went through that a year ago and had all three of mine rebuilt on the east coast by Select Plastics (authorized Lewmar rebuilding facility in CT); they did a great job and the price was less than half replacement cost. When I send you the molding, I'll send along an article w/ photos of the replacement process on our boat.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Calm seas and fair winds to all!

Chris & Wendy
1987 E34 Moonstruck