Strictly Sail Show

Capt Jeff

Member I
Hello all,
My wife and I just returned from Strictly Sail in St Petersburg Fl. We got there just before any lines started as we are always thinking of our next boat and want to see what the new boats have to offer. We are looking for a decent size live aboard in the 38 to 46 foot range. We started with the Island Packets which were nice, but Waaay overly priced at $600k . We decided to look at the multihulls and after banging my head a couple times in the largest they had to offer, we both said HELL NO! We kept moving about looking at every boat that they had in our size range. The only thing CLOSE to what our needs require was a Jeanau 42 ( I can't remember how to spell it as I am not French) as it was very impressive with the room and showers I can get into easy (I am 6'1" not too tall or short) except they were in the $200k plus range AND the fact that like ALL the other boats were thrown together with crappy cabinets and FAKE teak AND you have to pay extra for everthing!

After looking all day and getting disappointed with our findings... my wife took me by the arm and said to my liking " Jeff, our boat is MUCH nicer already plus she has real wood, paid for, more room than these boats and if it's ok with you.... we can keep her for a while longer". YAAAY! I Knew there was a reason I married her! For those who don't know... we have a 1976 Ericson 35.

Every time someone representing the boat they were showing asked me what kind of boat I have, I would tell them and NOT one person said anything negative about them. Many said how well made they were and how they have sailed on one with fond memories. Made me grin.:egrin:

Anywho... if we ever DO go to a larger boat.... It'll be another Ericson. BTW... What is the largest Ericson built and where would I find pics?

Later, Jeff and Lea

u079721

Contributing Partner
I noticed the same thing when owning my 1989 E38-200. Whenever the topic of boats would come up, and I was asked what I owned, folks were invariably impressed with the Ericson. I think the reply was "nice boat" about 87.23% of the time. :)

Capt Jeff

Member I
nice 46

Thanks Loren:)
I showed it to Lea and she liked it. Actually there are quite alot of Ericsons on the site. Now after seeing the burgandy interior( or purple is what I saw), Lea wants our boat "Sadie Blu" to have the same color interior.... it was nice.... but... I don't know.

Anywho... thanks for the heads up.

Jeff and Lea

Guy Stevens

www.svaiki.com

This is my web site, it is a bit shy on completed photos, but will give you an idea of what a 46 looks like.

The 46's are the biggest they ever made, we are down to 18 of them left last count.

Guy Stevens.
:)

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
" ALL the other boats were thrown together
with crappy cabinets and FAKE teak "...

wow, all for $200k, ea?.......makes the used
ericsons l@@k like bargins.....the used boat market
seems to be softening, becoming a buyers market...
i'll be watching the 32,35, and 38's for some bargins...

:egrin:

Trucker Doug

Member II
Guy, You certainly have my admiration for completing that project! In reviewing your work I learned alot about the tabbing and how it's supposed to be repaired. WELL DONE Capt'n!