Stove Identification

Sparky84041

Does anybody recognize this as a Homestrand Stove? I’m guessing, because they were the original manufacturer. The front knob is missing, and I’m thinking it’s for the pump stem (?). I have no idea if it will hold pressure.

The stove looks like it could be used again, or is there a better (newer) solution?

Attachments

• P1013866.jpg
    P1013866.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 51
  • P1013876.jpg
    P1013876.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Dan,

The knob in the middle of the face of the stove should be the pump. You may need to pull the plunger out and lubricate the leather "cup" on the end of the plunger shaft.

paul culver

Member III
A newer solution is the Origo alcohol stove which doesn't rely on pressurization. I've been using one for five years now with no regrets.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Glyn Judson

Well, Tom's right again.

Dear friend, I did a quick web search and came up with this link http://www.catalina27.org/Clips/PRICESS ALCOHOL STOVES.pdf Sure looks like what Tom said it was, an older Seaward alcohol Princess model cook top. As well, I called Seaward just for fun to see if they supported that model with spare parts, they don't any more. Seaward Products 3721 Capitol Ave
Whittier, CA 90601-1732 TELEPHONE (562) 699-7997, FAX (562) 699-0908.
Now that's not to say that you couldn't get yours running again, they're pretty simple to work on and I've actually done that very thing with another brand stove a lot like yours. I even have an original diesel Homestrand(?) two burner cook top that came from the galley of E31 hull #33 but that's another story. Suffice it to say that it's a pretty cool cooker. Go for it, what do you have to lose? Glyn Judson, E31 hull #33, Marina del Rey, CA