Stern seats for E27

Jarod

Member III
Hi All,

I would like some stern seats for the pushpit on my E27. Most of the ones available have been designed for a boat with 2 rails as opposed to one. If anyone has tackled this project please let me know what was involved?

thanks.

Jarod

Member III
that looks really good, but I think the stern rail from the 27 is different from the 29 as I only have the one rail and I believe the 29 has two or at least it appears that way from the pic.

jkenan

Member III
My E-29 has the single rail. I think Tadzik addedt the 2nd rail when he did the modification. It also looks like he removed the middle section of the top rail. Definitely a customized pulpit. I think I remember reading in that thread he got the materials from an old pulpit, made the bends in the tube himself, as well as the seats, and paid for 8-10 weld points. Also note the overhang for the grill, where a seaboard counter could probably be fabricated as well. Possibilities are endless....

Could probably be done for a reasonable cost.

Tadzik

Member I
Stern seats

Hi John/Jarod,

I made my stern rail modification in summer 2006. For seats I used 2 brand new bow pulpits I bought fo $20 each. After removing whole railing, I brought it to Stainless Outfitters in Barrie. Yes, top tubing has been shortened for easier access from water/dinghy. To maintain strength secondary tubing was welded @12" height. I will take few more pictures this coming weekend(long in Canada!! - 4 days in total!) and I can attached also pictures taken before modification, so you can compare with your boats.

Regards,

Tadzik
E29 "Odin":egrin:

Tadzik

Member I
Hi Jarod/John,

Few new pictures of my stern seats. This year I replaced teak board and installed new SST cleats. I hope you like it guys.

Ted
E29"Odin"

Attachments

• DSCN4254.jpg
    DSCN4254.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN4250.jpg
    DSCN4250.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN4259.jpg
    DSCN4259.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 95

jkenan

Member III
Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing, and I may use some of your examples for our own boat.

One day (soon, I hope), our e29 will look as good. I am wrapping up a bottom job, and am considering what to do about the topsides and deck as well... Paint? Polish & Buff? There are lots of areas that need gelcoat repair, and before I move towards what you have accomplished, I need to decide how to restore those areas.

First things first - gotta get that bottom done.

Jarod

Member III
Looks really good. I may have to put the stern seats on the back burner for a bit until I find a way to make them work around my split backstay. Thanks for sharing the pictures and compliments on the woodwork as well.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Make your own stern rail seats article in Good Old Boat this month

There's an article in Good Old Boat this month on how to make your own stern rail seats, but is does show a pulpit with two rails. I'm sure you could have the second rail welded in.