Stanchion Bases

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
I have a couple available with backing plates. Four are in good shape and one would have to be straightened and re-welded. I also have some stanchions. These are from an 81' E-28+.

Attachments

• PICT0021 (800x600).jpg
    PICT0021 (800x600).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 250

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
More Picts

I'll try to get more pictures later.

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 242

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Bent plates can be straightened pretty easily in a vise - sometimes with a shim or three placed strategically to get that last little kink out.

Chip

stanchion replacement

I'll try to get more pictures later.

I need some stanchion bases, a pair of gate stanchions and a 24" upright. Do you know what brand name these older ones are? I see one may be a newer Schaeffer base.
Thanks, Chip Virginia, 1989 E35 MKII

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Bases, Gate and Upright

No ID on the bases to indicate the manufacturer. I have two gates and three 24" upright stanchions.

garryh

Member III
just a quick comment on stanchion bases as I am dealing with this now in a recore project. All the stanchion bases on my 35-2 are 'closed'... as in the SS tube is welded all around onto the base plate with no drain holes. I have seen some open at the bottom with a bit of a fold in the base plate to allow for drainage. Without drainage, these will fill with water, freeze solid and split if not drained before the winter in northern climes. I am taking mine to a machine shop over the winter and having a 3/16 hole drilled in the sidewall of each near the base. A hole in the actual bottom does not work with the flat base plate.