Slander, personal offense

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
1593050205858.png
I wanted to point out the injustice of CNN putting, what an E35-2(?) in front of Alcatraz above the fold on a story about how some states were setting records for new covid infections. I would argue the boaters are being perfectly responsible, except for the lack of sails.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In my city it's common for almost any story to have a 'stock photo' attached. Sometimes you see the same photo again and again. (like the pic of a police car with a flashing light on.... )

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
Poor choice of an example. I recently picked up food at a busy takeout restaurant and even with a good mask and ill-fated attempt at social distancing, I think I was at many times more risk of covid transmission picking up the damn food than I have been at the marina on the boat.

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
For the avoidance of doubt, my 'indignation' about the photo is all tongue-in-cheek.

Except for the part about not using sails. That genuinely disappoints me.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
They shoulda used a photo like this, with 3 people on a PWC and at least 4 in the power boat:
59611b1d99c0f.image.jpg

Saverio

Member III
Buongiorno tutti voi, in Italia la vela molto sicura, detto il Governo. Hello all of you, sailing in Italy is very safe, said the Government.