Shore Power/AC Distro Panel

kdomshawn

I'm new to this website as well as sailing and my 1982 Ericson 28+ which I bought a couple of months ago.

My question relates to shorepower and how to get it working on my boat.
The AC distribution panel has pushbuttons installed for receptacles, water heater and main (circuit breakers on individual circuits) as well as lights for polarity and service. There does not appear to be any switch for On/Off. When I connected the shorepower cable, there was no current running to the outlets. Not sure if I'm missing the obvious but any advice would be much appreciated. :confused:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:oops:ffice:oops:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the Ericson site!
If you use the "Search" (right of center in the light blue bar above message threads) you could enter words like shore power, AC, or similar...

Lots (!) of prior discussion on this topic. I have a friend with an '83 Ericson and his boat had a main breaker for the AC, in the distribution panel at the top of his AC circuit breakers. Or that's the way I remember it.

His boat came with a one-pole breaker and a survey mandated an upgrade to a double-pole breaker, and he made that upgrade several years ago.
:nerd:

My '88 came with a double-pole breaker, but the wiring run from from the inlet plug was too long for today's ABYC standards.
Of the many prior threads here, here is just one about my modernizing of this shore power wiring inlet system.
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=3509&referrerid=28

Please feel encouraged to post a closeup photo of your panel to help us see what you have and what you might need.

Again, welcome. The E-28 has a sterling sailing reputation and you should enjoy many happy years with it.

Loren in PDX