Seattle area radiator shop

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I took off my engine heat exchanger a couple weeks ago after 6 years (5 years actual sailing) trouble-free operation. I found considerable deposits, although the engine has only been slightly hotter than when the unit was new. I really didn't notice any reduction of sea water throughput, either.

Just wanted to let the Seattle area folks know that Performance Radiator in Tacoma cleans, boils out, pressure checks and primers marine cylindrical heat exchangers for a very reasonable price. They'll paint if you choose one of their colors - they didn't have gold. Mine is a SeaKamp 3" diameter copper-nickel unit. I will get the new gaskets from Fisheries Display Store in Seattle.

I am just a satisfied customer and have no interest in either business (except I'd like to see them stay in business). It's getting harder to find a place that actually services these. They have pick-up and drop off points if you don't want to drive to Tacoma, and have shops around the nation. https://www.performanceradiator.com/

I could have done the servicing myself, as described many times in the forum, but this was a good alternative and a good deal.

Last edited: