Scare the birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Just heard something on "The Five", a show on the Fox News channel, about a group in San Francisco doing a study about the possibility of the America's Cup boats scaring the BIRDS in the bay with their "big sails". WHAT??!! :0 Can someone from the left coast verify this one? I can't believe it's true and if it is then when are they going to ban all the other sail boats on the bay? I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Yep. Actually it's a little surprising that they are even playing at "a study." The usual west coast method is a "settlement" that involves cash payments to the activists and arbitrary new regulations to punish somebody for some fictional transgression. e.g. If you wanted to sail, you would apply to the new bird czar, with a suitable fee of course, for a permit. After a few months, you'd get a permit to sail in a counterclockwise course on which all headings must be east, between the hours of 0400 and 0445 on odd-numbered Tuesdays. While wearing a large egg on your hat at all times. Unless of course you paid the czar after hours to conduct a "study" to prove that your desired float plan wouldn't alarm the birds. Meanwhile the activists will have set up a weekly concert series and daily group tours on the birds nesting grounds, so of course any alteration in the bird behavior will have been caused by someone sailing his boat 30 miles away. Let's count up those fines.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Poop

Just heard something on "The Five", a show on the Fox News channel, about a group in San Francisco doing a study about the possibility of the America's Cup boats scaring the BIRDS in the bay with their "big sails". WHAT??!! :0 Can someone from the left coast verify this one? I can't believe it's true and if it is then when are they going to ban all the other sail boats on the bay? I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried.

All I know is that the birds on the Chesapeake Bay aren't afraid of sailboats, they're mad at them. I know this because we all, at our marina, find bird poop all over the decks. Lets face it, if you're really mad at someone that's something you might want to do. :rolleyes:

Carefree Sailor

Member II
Are you actually serious !!!!?

Just Google "list of fox lies".

Also look into why Faux is not i Canada. Google can help you there too.

-Sven
Of course I'm serious. However, this is not the forum to debate this type of issue. I would be interested in hearing your reasoned response instead of innuendo. I can be reached directly at george dot gallinger at asu dot edu.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
California is a beautiful place, I've been to visit several times. However it does seem as if it got double the normal shovel-load of lunatics. Hey, I'm fine with it as long as they keep the insanity out there and don't export it.

RT

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
The "study" is probably sponsored by MSNBC. Holder will bury the unfavorable (to the birds) results, and Obama will claim executive privilege after denying even seeing the results. Then he'll deport 800,000 sailors for being ultra rich and bullying the birdies.

Last edited:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Wow. This thread is devolving fast. I can read this kind of silly commentary at the end of any political story anywhere on the web...do I really need to see it here, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.