Saturday on the Sound

Dave Hussey

Member III
It doesn't get any better than this. There was a fresh breeze from the south west, and the flag on the staff was fluttering...I fired up the diesel, cast off the lines, and headed out into the sound...no deadline, no expectations, no worries. Once clear of Lyle pont, I headed into the breeze, hoisted the main, unrolled the genny, trimmed the sheets, and killed the engine. Steering with one leg on the tiller, enjoying the sun, the silence, and getting 3 knots for free. It does't get any better than this.:egrin:

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
On the Delta

Ditto here too Dave,
Me the wife and dog had a nice sail to the Antioch bridge on Saturday. 67 degrees with 5-8 knots of wind made the day more than memorable. Looking forward to a great sailing season this year. Hope all of you east of us get out for a sail soon.

Grant Kiba
'73 E27
Antioch, CA

Attachments

• 03-03-07-sail.JPG
    03-03-07-sail.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 82

hodo

Member III
Lyle Point,isn't that near Olympia? Ive been putting on a Wavestopper, got to finish before I go anywhere. Heading to Blake Island over Easter. Sometimes you just gotta do it! :clap: Harold

Dave Hussey

Member III
I didnt know what a Wavestopper was, but a web search enlightened me...nice. I want to have a dodger made for my E27, to permit comfortable foul weather sailing. Yes, Lyle point I am refering to is on Anderson Island, north of Olympia.

Richard Elliott

Member III
Wavestopper

Hodo, you're going to love the Wavestopper. Ours is going on four years old and we are very happy with it. Sorry to miss the Rendezvous. We could compare notes. Look for us in Desolation Sound in early August. Dick Elliott, E34 "Chandelle".

Sven

Seglare
Wavestopper sizes and cost ?

I'm waiting for information from the Wavestopper folks but I'm curious what the real life cost spread might be and if they have different sizes ? I can't believe one size fits all but I doubt they have a mold for every different boat ?

(Thanks to Greg for letting me know it was a Wavestopper I was looking for).

-Sven

dc27

have boat, need time
It doesn't get any better than this. There was a fresh breeze from the south west, and the flag on the staff was fluttering...I fired up the diesel, cast off the lines, and headed out into the sound...no deadline, no expectations, no worries. :egrin:

sunday was nice too. we moseyed over toward Blake Island on our friends' Santana 525. nice and leisurely, and the mountain was "out" in full glory. a fine afternoon!

Dave Hussey

Member III
sunday was nice too. we moseyed over toward Blake Island on our friends' Santana 525. nice and leisurely, and the mountain was "out" in full glory. a fine afternoon!
:egrin:

Sounds fantastic. Did you go for the salmon ? or just for the heck of it?

CaptDan

Member III

Sounds fantastic. Did you go for the salmon ? or just for the heck of it?

This season's been great for sailing up here in the PacNorwest.

Had a perfect sail on Lake Washington last week - a brisk 12 knot northerly all afternoon, an occasional white cap among the wavelets. Expansive views -Mt Baker to the north, Rainer looming clearly to the south east.

It's nice to dash down to the marina, prep up, head out, hit hull speed, tack a bunch of spirited times and head back home with a clear head. Nothing - whether the economy, stock market, politics, or job concerns seems a problem during an afternoon like that.

Going out again today. Autumn sailing in Seattle - does it get better than this?:egrin:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

dc27

have boat, need time
This season's been great for sailing up here in the PacNorwest.

Had a perfect sail on Lake Washington last week - a brisk 12 knot northerly all afternoon, an occasional white cap among the wavelets. Expansive views -Mt Baker to the north, Rainer looming clearly to the south east.

It's nice to dash down to the marina, prep up, head out, hit hull speed, tack a bunch of spirited times and head back home with a clear head. Nothing - whether the economy, stock market, politics, or job concerns seems a problem during an afternoon like that.

Going out again today. Autumn sailing in Seattle - does it get better than this?:egrin:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

short answer: no!

as to Blake Island, we haven't set foot on it in a while, although for anyone who hasn't...go! the whole island's a state park – cheers to whomever had the foresight to do that! – with great hiking trails and beachfront campsites.

a few weeks ago, on one of the last truly warm days of the season, we tied up to a mooring buoy at the north end, had lunch and took a nap. that was excellent. but mostly, Blake Island is for me a giant mark to round as part of a good day on the water. Puget Sound pretty much rules that way.

Last edited: