Sailing-related Sayings (well, one at least)

Seth

Sustaining Partner
I Believe It Goes Like This

Bob, doesn't it go like this:

"When you puke or when you pee, kindly do it to the lee"?

Don't forget to tip your waitress-I'll be here all week!:rolleyes:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One good quote deserves another

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

(One of his several excellent books, "Wind, Sand, and Stars" is worth rereading every few years... IMHO)

Last edited:

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Ted Turner

When the Britton Chance designed 12 meter "Mariner" (Turner's "breakthrough" steed for his first A-Cup challenge-the boat had a very unusual, squared-off stern section) was unveiled at the launching, Turner was at the podium, with press all around, and he turned to Brit and said "Hell, Brit-even turds are pointed at both ends"...
Classic!:egrin::rolleyes:

CaptDan

Member III
When the Britton Chance designed 12 meter "Mariner" (Turner's "breakthrough" steed for his first A-Cup challenge-the boat had a very unusual, squared-off stern section) was unveiled at the launching, Turner was at the podium, with press all around, and he turned to Brit and said "Hell, Brit-even turds are pointed at both ends"... -
Classic!:egrin::rolleyes:

Never heard that one before, but it's going in the Palm Pilot 'funny quotes' file.:egrin:

When pestered repeatedly about how big a sailboat a person needs to live aboard, a cantankerous yacht broker whose name escapes me quipped:

"Some folks aren't happy with anything less than 80 feet; others are content with a coffin and a stick." :nerd:

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
"Ground Pounder's & "Anchor Clanker's"

Reminds me of Soldiers being referred to as "Ground Pounder's" and Sailors as "Anchor Clanker's"