Sailing in LA & San Francisco

sjconnor

Simon Connor
I'm an Olson 34 Owner (of Sapphire Star) in Singapore travelling to San Francisco for the first time ever in a couple of weeks and really would love the opportunity to have a sail in the harbour on Sunday June 5th. I know it's a long shot but it would truly be amazing and I'd naturally pitch up with the beers :)

Best regards,
Simon
(65) 96232977

Charlie B.

Member II
How about sailing on an Olson 34 on the Bay?

Simon,

We would be happy to oblige! Our Olson 34 Baleineau is on the East Bay side of San Francisco at the Richmond YC. I will send you a personal email with the specifics.

Charlie

PS: IPA would be nice:cheers:

C. Trembanis

Member III
Bay sail

I'm an Olson 34 Owner (of Sapphire Star) in Singapore travelling to San Francisco for the first time ever in a couple of weeks and really would love the opportunity to have a sail in the harbour on Sunday June 5th. I know it's a long shot but it would truly be amazing and I'd naturally pitch up with the beers :)

Best regards,
Simon
(65) 96232977

Simon you won't regret it. SF Bay is the place to sail..Did it last Oct
on a 1D35. OMG what a sail 12knots 40 degrees heel....WOW

sjconnor

Simon Connor
Sailing in Los Angeles

I'm an Olson 34 Owner (of Sapphire Star) in Singapore travelling to Los Angeles for the first time ever on October 13th and would love the opportunity to have a sail in the harbour on Sunday October 14th.

I've been very fortunate to have been taken out 3 times now in San Francisco with Charlie B and Candace on Baleineau and are now good friends.

Please do drop me a reply if you would be willing to take me out, I'd bring the drinks of course :)

Best regards,
Simon.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I'm an Olson 34 Owner (of Sapphire Star) in Singapore travelling to Los Angeles for the first time ever on October 13th and would love the opportunity to have a sail in the harbour on Sunday October 14th. I've been very fortunate to have been taken out 3 times now in San Francisco with Charlie B and Candace on Baleineau and are now good friends.Please do drop me a reply if you would be willing to take me out, I'd bring the drinks of course :)Best regards,Simon.
Hope you have better luck than I did trying to get a fellow E owner to take my wife and me out on SF Bay in October. Lol....haven't had one response.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Wind would have helped...

A wry chuckle from the upper balcony, if I may...
"Be careful what you wish for" as the old saying goes.
:)
Last Saturday, we hosted an Ericson (Olson 34) couple from Chicago. They were in the scenic NW for a vacation. I had all these great hopes of a great sail in 15 to 20 kt winds like we have been enjoying here (almost) every evening for weeks.

Alas, 'twas not to be!
We motored to a local marine park dock for munchies and cold drinks and then... motored sedately back home.
(Sigh)

Wonderful visit; wonderful guests; great conversation.
The anticipated sail - nada.
:rolleyes:

Good thing that meeting other Ericson owners is a reward in and of itself!

Cheers,
Loren
:egrin:

Last edited:

brianb00

O - 34
Join you ?

Simon,

We would be happy to oblige! Our Olson 34 Baleineau is on the East Bay side of San Francisco at the Richmond YC. I will send you a personal email with the specifics.

Charlie

PS: IPA would be nice:cheers:

Hey Charlie,

I would love to tag along and supply a few beverages, if you have room ? I saw Simon's boat once when working in Singapore. Awesome stern.
Brian - Red Sky

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Somewhere in California

Hey Charlie,

I would love to tag along and supply a few beverages, if you have room ? I saw Simon's boat once when working in Singapore. Awesome stern.
Brian - Red Sky

Please note that this particular visit (2012) is to LA and not back to SF.
Thread was revived again as of 9-15. This is probably an example of why it can be a tad confusing to change direction of a pre-existing thread! I added LA to the thread title, but still..... :)

LB

sjconnor

Simon Connor
Sorry all, I'll start a new thread instead as its causing some confusion as Loren noted.

Cheers all.
Simon.