sail slugs

mescalron

I'm a new owner of an Ericson 27.
I've been busy going through the various systems and making repairs and replacing worn parts as necessary, most of which have been to the engine and electrical wiring. When I took the boat out for the first time, I found that one of the sail slugs on the main was missing and several others were well worn. I removed one of the slugs and showed to my local west marine salesman. He was unable to locate a suitable replacement in the store
and referred me to a couple of on-line stores where I also struck out. The slug I need is a plastic slug ( see photo) hinged to clamp piece that grips the rope/seam in the luff and is secured by a single screw which goes through the sail eyelets. I've asked around about this and have searched the web. Does anyone know where I can locate one of these or is there a decent substitute that will work.

Attachments

• SailSlug (2).JPG
    SailSlug (2).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 791

diamondjim

Member II
Slug source

Try www.sailrite.com. They have sail slugs on page 32 of the current catalog. It appears they have something that will work but you may have to replace all of them. Call them if you have a question, they are good people.