Sail invite

kath

Hi
Is anyone in the greater Boston area interested in sailing on an Ericson 34 out of Newburyport, MA? If you are an experienced sailor without a boat or just want to sail a different size boat from what you own, please contact me. I don’t want to sail out of the Merrimack River alone.
Thanks!
Kathy

Teedee

Hi Kathy,
If still looking for crew for sails out of Newburyport, please let me know. I have an Ericson 38-300 that I bought last Fall and which is on NY side of Lake Champlain, but I live on the Merrimack at the next town up (Amesbury). This Summer has been basically “sea trials” on the Lake and I plan to take the canals to the Hudson, LI Sound and back up to NH Seacoast or North Shore next June. Although I’ve been spending most weekends on the Lake, two pregnant daughters that are both due in the next couple of weeks will keep me down in Amesbury for most of the rest of the season.

kath

Hi Kathy,
If still looking for crew for sails out of Newburyport, please let me know. I have an Ericson 38-300 that I bought last Fall and which is on NY side of Lake Champlain, but I live on the Merrimack at the next town up (Amesbury). This Summer has been basically “sea trials” on the Lake and I plan to take the canals to the Hudson, LI Sound and back up to NH Seacoast or North Shore next June. Although I’ve been spending most weekends on the Lake, two pregnant daughters that are both due in the next couple of weeks will keep me down in Amesbury for most of the rest of the season.
Hi Teedee,
Yes, I welcome a sailor to join me! It works out because I prefer to sail during the week with less boat traffic. Are you available Thursday or Friday if the rain clears? What is your name? Congrats on the grandchildren to be!!
Kathy

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
TeeDee,
If you are looking for crew next year, I would be interested in signing on. If you available, join Kathy, myself, and a host of other Ericson owners at the September virtual meeting, meeting date to be announced and posted on this site early September.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

kath

Hi Teedee,
The weather is clear and tides are favorable for a sail tomorrow,Thursday, August 25th.
Are you available?
Kathy

Teedee

Hi Teedee,
The weather is clear and tides are favorable for a sail tomorrow,Thursday, August 25th.
Are you available?
Kathy
Hi Kathy,
I just went on Ericsons Northeast Forum looking for the Mark's September meeting, and noticed that my last reply did not post. Obviously, I missed your last sail. The upcoming week looks mostly good for me, but I will be heading up to Lake Champlain on Friday (Sept 9th) for probably the last time this year. Because of other commitments, I will be hauling the boat out for the Season and doing all the winterization stuff (or at least start).

Mark,
I'm keeping a lookout for the September meeting and hope to join you. As far as crew for next year's trip, I'll keep you in mind. I have several folks that would like to do it, but schedules won't always line up with departure dates.

Regards.
Tom Dudley
thomasdudley@verizon.net
1990 Ericson 38-200, El Sueno

kath

Hi Kathy,
I just went on Ericsons Northeast Forum looking for the Mark's September meeting, and noticed that my last reply did not post. Obviously, I missed your last sail. The upcoming week looks mostly good for me, but I will be heading up to Lake Champlain on Friday (Sept 9th) for probably the last time this year. Because of other commitments, I will be hauling the boat out for the Season and doing all the winterization stuff (or at least start).

Mark,
I'm keeping a lookout for the September meeting and hope to join you. As far as crew for next year's trip, I'll keep you in mind. I have several folks that would like to do it, but schedules won't always line up with departure dates.

Regards.
Tom Dudley
thomasdudley@verizon.net
1990 Ericson 38-200, El Sueno
Hi Tom,
My boat will be in the water this week and I’m hoping to take a sail. I’ll let you know the day and time if I do and you are welcome if it fits your schedule.
Kathy

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Hi Tom,
I will be posting the Sepember meeting next week as most sailors are out enjoying late summer, holiday sails. Look for a posting the first Friday after the holiday. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark

Teedee

TeeDee,
If you are looking for crew next year, I would be interested in signing on. If you available, join Kathy, myself, and a host of other Ericson owners at the September virtual meeting, meeting date to be announced and posted on this site early September.

Mark "Souleman" Soule
Hi Mark,
I'm starting to plan for the trip from Lake Champlain to Georgetown, ME. I would like to get 2 or 3 additional crew besides myself. Would you still be interested? I would plan to depart June 8th and take two weeks. The first week will be basically a power boat going through the canals (12 locks in total), the Hudson and East River. The second week will take us through LI Sound, Cape Cod Canal and up to ME. If interested, let's connect by phone and I can share my day by day itinerary. Regards. Tom

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Tom,

I am indeed interested but I do need to get my wife's ok before making a commitment. I will have a final answer for you by this Friday (4/21).

I am excited.

Mark

Teedee

Hi Mark,

I understand about that end of things. I'm not sure where you are coming from, if not in the Boston area, I would intend to get a one-way car rental to retrieve the vehicles from the departure marina. We can touch base on details after things are cleared to go for you. Regards. Tom

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi
Is anyone in the greater Boston area interested in sailing on an Ericson 34 out of Newburyport, MA? If you are an experienced sailor without a boat or just want to sail a different size boat from what you own, please contact me. I don’t want to sail out of the Merrimack River alone.
Thanks!
Kathy
Hi Kathy -

We just relocated to the NE from Seattle and are in Southern New Hampshire - about 90 min due west from you. My wife and I would love to come to over to the coast at some point this spring/summer and meet, etc.

//sse

kath

Hi Kathy -

We just relocated to the NE from Seattle and are in Southern New Hampshire - about 90 min due west from you. My wife and I would love to come to over to the coast at some point this spring/summer and meet, etc.

//sse
Sounds wonderful! Keep in touch and we’ll make something work.
Hi Mark,
I'm starting to plan for the trip from Lake Champlain to Georgetown, ME. I would like to get 2 or 3 additional crew besides myself. Would you still be interested? I would plan to depart June 8th and take two weeks. The first week will be basically a power boat going through the canals (12 locks in total), the Hudson and East River. The second week will take us through LI Sound, Cape Cod Canal and up to ME. If interested, let's connect by phone and I can share my day by day itinerary. Regards. Tom
Hi Tom,
If you need help the second week, I would be available. I would prefer meeting up after the Canal to Maine. I’ve made that transit many times.
Kathy (Periwinkle)

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Hi Mark,

I understand about that end of things. I'm not sure where you are coming from, if not in the Boston area, I would intend to get a one-way car rental to retrieve the vehicles from the departure marina. We can touch base on details after things are cleared to go for you. Regards. Tom
Tom,

Mrs. S is not happy with me, she is concerned that my back injury will be aggravated. She does have a point, it has been a year since the original injury and I am not completely healed. I did convince her to let me do a day sail with Kathy and that is a win in itself.

If things change (I convince the boss) I will reach out to you again.

Mark

Teedee

Hi Kathy,
It would be great to have your experience on the trip and we can figure out how to get you to join at the halfway point. I have to see availability of crew and will keep in touch as I proceed with planning. Best regards. Tom
Tom,

Mrs. S is not happy with me, she is concerned that my back injury will be aggravated. She does have a point, it has been a year since the original injury and I am not completely healed. I did convince her to let me do a day sail with Kathy and that is a win in itself.

If things change (I convince the boss) I will reach out to you again.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Okay, understandable. Maybe next time and I hope the back improves. Regards. Tom