Rubrail

Trucker Doug

Member II
$200 reward for a 8' piece of rubrail. It's 2" tall 1 3/16"deep made of plastic or PVC and is light grey, probably considered white. I would like 8' but can get away with 4'. If anybody has a piece of this laying around it would sure help as rubrails .com and the manufacturer that the pic came from suggest I redo the whole boat in something else.

attachment.php

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Have you tried Wefco? They make a direct replacement for the originals, although the shade of grey would not be weathered.

I may have some of my originals somewhere, but will not be at the boat to look at them for a while yet.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Trucker Doug

Member II
Yeah I tried Wefco and they referred me to Rubrails.com. That guy was very nice and quite chatty but knew what I was looking for as he had another guy looking for the same thing.
If you can find a chunk of it I'd sure appreciate it. Seems like some rare hens tooth but both places asked "Is this for an Ericson?" So it must be a somewhat regular issue for them.
If you are around the Chesapeake, I'll buy it from you, come and get it, and take you to dinner for your trouble. If you're on the west coast I'll buy it, pay for shipping and pay to take your 1st mate to dinner.
Above all, REPLACE and double up any chaffed docklines BEFORE the storm!