Rubrail replacement

EGregerson

Member III
rubrail; Pac Sea

I've tried calling Robin at Pac Seacraft; also emailed him. No response to date; Anyone have his private line?

George Foose

Ericson in Thailand
Ericson 38 Rub Rail

Yes, I have also given up on a PSC fix out of USa. I will post the local made teak/stainless pics when ready

George Foose

Ericson in Thailand
E 38 Rub Rail Replacement PSC #17

After experiencing the same frustrations as others on this site with regards to replacement alternatives for original rub rails, I have made a local fix after my boat's Phuket King's Cup Regatta accident last December. The local teak and stainless guys at the Boat lagoon teamed up and made new rub rails using teak with a stainless cap. Cost was $1500. Pic attached. I used the occasion to respray the bootstripe and cove line with Algrip. The original gel coat I polished with a wheel using a nano polish from Germany and a hand wax. Total accident related insurance claim was $15,000.

Attachments

• Free Wind July 07.jpg
    Free Wind July 07.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 193
  • PKCup06-418.jpg
    PKCup06-418.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 132

cawinter

Member III
Closure for Dangriga

Finished our little project, too. Different from Geoff I went with the A12-0511 from TACO. Looks great and is perhaps a bit more beefy than the 0711. Only drawback is that TACO does not have end caps (only part numbers for them:) ). I'll have to find four simple rubber inserts that will close the ends. Rest looks great, and very similar to Geoff's picture.

Chris

P.S.: Remainder of my reconstruction story coming up shortly. We are going in on Friday! Finally.

stuartm80127

Member II
E27 Rubrail source.

Much thanks for the lead. Contacted Wefco Rubber and they still have the part. #788 (white) is the exact model I am looking for but now at $4.00/ft. My E27 Hull number is 988. Big Thanks to you for the post.

Stuart

Success! At least for the E-27 the original replacement rubrail insert and extrusion can still be found at Wefco Manufacturing. The insert is 788 and the rail is 422G. The insert is $3.50/ft in white and $2.50/ft in black while the extrusion is $4.00/ft or $3.00/ft depending on color. The make it to order when you call. They also have a very good database and can probably tell you if they were the original manufacturer of any other Ericson models. Call Robin at 818.886.8872.

I am not affiliated with Wefco but do plan to order for my E-27 soon.