Replacing kerosene stove with Force 10 propane

Mike.Gritten

Member III
We have just enjoyed a great lasagna with garlic toast, followed by homemade "oatmeal and raisin" cookies, all courtesy of our brand new Force 10 propane stove. After years of living with the old Galley Maid kerosene stove and its bad habits (burners that refused to be rebuilt effectively, sometimes flareups and black smoke, an oven that never seemed to work properly, etc.) we decided to buck up and update to a propane system and modern 3 burner stove. Wow, what a difference! Electronic igniters, thermostatically controlled oven, broiler, beautiful stainless steel construction. We didn't think that we would be as pleased as we obviously are.
The pics below show the old and new installations. The Force 10 almost dropped right into the existing mounts. The propane installation was much more of a challenge. We went with Trident brand hose, fittings, switch panel, sniffer with auto-shutoff, and aluminum 10lb tank. We still haven't completed the propane locker, but we're putting it under the starboard portion of the helm seat with a manufactured air tight hatch lid in the seat itself. We can just fit the horizontal tank and still meet the ABYC requirements to drain to a thru-hull above the normal waterline. I will post photos next week of the final locker installation.

Attachments

• GalleyMaid.jpg
    GalleyMaid.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Papillon Force10.jpg
    Papillon Force10.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 654

noproblemo2

Member III
Congrats on your new Force 10 stove, we did the same replacement a few years back on our former NoProblemo and absolutely loved the stove, then added the Force 10 Propane heater as well, their products seem to be very well built and perform beautifully.:egrin:

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Force 10

Nice install. It really looks good! You have to love Force 10, very functional designs with stainless steel beauty. My cabin heater and my BBQ Grill are Force 10 and they have served me well.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Pizza!

Very nice addition Mike. Our older Force 10 (~1998) 3 burner +oven unit is still working great. We are still adjusting to the actual vs. dial temperature difference since we've graduated to breads, cornbread and pizza. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time.