Rendezvous Roll Call

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Could we use this thread to get a count of the number of boats/owners who will be attending the Pacific Northwest Ericson Rendezvous 2008?

Other stuff that needs looking after:

Where will it be? :confused: Victoria is the answer I keep getting but we appear to have no consolidated moorage organized. (Charles, can you help firm this up once we have some idea of how many attendees to expect?)

Do we have an agenda :cheers:(loose or otherwise)? Race? Potluck? Dinner speaker?

I can/will look after getting T-shirts done if we have no other volunteers.

I can probably organize some prizes/giveaways from our local shops here in Vancouver, but other contributions will be gratefully accepted.

Moorage, I think is the biggest issue and we can't organize that until we know how many boats are coming so sound off now so we can get this done!

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Could we use this thread to get a count of the number of boats/owners who will be attending the Pacific Northwest Ericson Rendezvous 2008?

Other stuff that needs looking after:

Where will it be? :confused: Victoria is the answer I keep getting but we appear to have no consolidated moorage organized. (Charles, can you help firm this up once we have some idea of how many attendees to expect?)

Do we have an agenda :cheers:(loose or otherwise)? Race? Potluck? Dinner speaker?

I can/will look after getting T-shirts done if we have no other volunteers.

I can probably organize some prizes/giveaways from our local shops here in Vancouver, but other contributions will be gratefully accepted.

Moorage, I think is the biggest issue and we can't organize that until we know how many boats are coming so sound off now so we can get this done!

Hi Mike glad to get some movement on this

If the rendezvous would be for 25 boats or less its free moorage at CFSA
it is to late now to organize the race schedual however the friday Night dinner can still a go, at a price of $7.50 in the club house ,and as its a military establishment drinks are cheap. As I said before it is a week after the tlla boat festival in Victoria Harbour which is 25 min at 6 knots away The tall boat festival is going to be fantastic bring your cameras this a view you"ll never see again we need numbers I can also get some donations P{lease read my previous info

sv-eden@telus.net Charlie Eden E30+:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Stupid Question: If we moor at CFSA, is there any sort of public transit to Victoria inner harbor part of the city? We would probably not be racing our boat, but would like ample time to visit other boats and meet their owners.

Loren in PDX

Last edited:

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Charles,

can you motor a small dinghy from CFSA to Victoria's inner harbor easily/safely? If so, would there be temporary moorage for the dinks while the Admiral shops?
BTW, as I said in a different thread, Papillon, with Lynne and I (and the ship's dog, Jack) will be there.

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2008

:egrin::egrin::egrin::egrin:
Charles,

can you motor a small dinghy from CFSA to Victoria's inner harbor easily/safely? If so, would there be temporary moorage for the dinks while the Admiral shops?
BTW, as I said in a different thread, Papillon, with Lynne and I (and the ship's dog, Jack) will be there.

Yes, you can dingy from Esquimalt Harbour to Victoria Harbour (the Indians still) you may not get back! take your whole boat over for temporary moorage(shopping). There is a major grocery store, liquor store, in The Admirals Walk
Plaza a half mile fron ther docks at CFSA or I will give you or any body a lift to the harbour (boat or car) I love showing off Victoria and giving historical tours ( you and your little dog too) A musium tour of the naval base can also be arranged especially for a group, why we could wear our Ericson duds!

Chas A. Pash E 30+ eden #7200:p

Mike.Gritten

Member III
I think a tour of the naval base would be way cool!! :egrin:

Put us down for that. So by the sound of it, we are having the Rendezvous at the CFSA. Am I understanding that correctly, Charles? I will have to pull out the charts. I am guessing that it's still a day's sail from Sidney/Bedwell Harbour.

danosmith

Date/Location of 2008 Ericson Redezvous?

Has a date /location for 2008 NW Ericson Redezvous been determined? I'd like to attend...just need the info...Thank You, Dan O Smith....Sea Gypsy(89 Ericson 34-200)

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Yes, the 2008 Pacific Northwest Ericson Rendezvous will be held at the CFSA in Victoria, BC, Canada on the July 4, 5, 6 weekend. Will we see you there?